Community Forum

DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit availability in North Metro Georgia

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit availability in North Metro Georgia

I don't know if I'm asking in the right place, but last year I saw this article - http://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/northside_sandy_springs/comcast-rolls-out-gigabit-servi...

It said gigabit service (im talking about 1 gig, not the multi gig) would be arriving in the Canton area soon. It's been well over a year since that article has been published and the fastest speed I can find in the Canton, Georgia area is 300mbps. I was just wondering if anyone knew when/if Canton is getting this service. From my research, it's offered in the Woodstock area, which is not even 10 minutes away from me, so I don't know what's holding it back.

Thanks in advance.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit availability in North Metro Georgia

Could a Comcast rep please clarify this? It's been 5 days.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit availability in North Metro Georgia

Anyone? If it helps, the zip code is 30115. When I go to xfinity.com/gig it tells me I can "Get a gig", but when I click on it, it brings me to the offers page which only has the Gigabit PRO 2gbps service listed, which is NOT what I am wanting. It never used to give me the "get a gig" option a couple months ago. Also note one time I saw 1gbps service on the offer page in my area but it never came back after a day.