Community Forum

DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE

I signed up in September when you guys had a special that if you signed up for Internet and Cable you would send a $200 visa gift card. I called in November and asked why I still had not received my gift card and they said that I had to have my account a full 90 days and the account be in good standing in order to receive it to call back in January if I still had not received the gift card. I called again in February and the service guy gave me a ticket number and said that he would have to "call me back" because he had no idea why I had not received the money for my account because it said that I should have by now.  I called back again today, the guy that I spoke with had no idea why I would have been given a ticket number and stated that I should have been given the rewards department's phone number the first time I called in November.  He then connected me with the rewards department where the woman continued to tell me that the promotion I signed up for was a gift card for Xfinity mobile and because I did not have the mobile part of it I was ineligible to receive the gift card.  I know for a FACT that the only reason I signed up for this account was because the advertisement said when you sign up for cable and internet you would receive a $200 giftcard and I just think it is FUNNY that this is the first time out of every SINGLE time I called that this information was brought to my attention.  I read the fine print and I would not have cancelled my other policy and paid the money to terminate early had I not been able to get my money back for it- via the gift card I was promised 7 months ago.  As soon as I can I will be changing services and I suggest the rest of you do the same. 

THANKS FOR NOTHING COMCAST.

Expert

Re: DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE

Hello LoganTollison12, I apologize for the misunderstanding but one of the requirements to receive the gift card was to apply for the promotion with our retention team and to add Xfinity mobile with a qualifying triple play deal. Below are the requirements to obtain a $200.00 Visa card.

Visa Reward cards are issued after these conditions are met:

• You must sign up for a qualifying bundle
    • The offer cannot be modified in any way
    • You must be a new customer
    • Agree to a 24 month contract
    • Installation must take place within 30 days
    • You must make payments on time for 3 months with no late or slow payments

If you've met the requirements a card should be issued to you within 2 - 6 weeks.

Please note that this is like a pre-paid Debit card and comes with an expiration date, which is printed on the card.

You can check your status here.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!