Community Forum

Customer service needs to be in U.S.!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Customer service needs to be in U.S.!

My modem died yesterday so they said I would have to wait for a tech to come on Tuesday, today was Sunday. I asked if I could go swap at a Xfinity store and they said yes. Now why did I have to ask this? This should have been something they suggested to me! So when I get home today and hook up the new modem and call customer service, I tell them I see “XFSETUP-5540” as a WiFi signal and since since this is new it must have something to do with the new modem I put in. The rep says we have to send a refresh signal and we all know that takes a while. Once that was done I was told something was wrong with the cable and the tech was going to have to fix it. After hanging up with the Philippines I decide to google what xfsetup means only to find this area where I learned I needed to put in the password that is on the bottom of the modem. Once I did that my WiFi was fixed and no tech was needed. If Comcast/Xfinity employed people in the U.S. this type of miscommunication wouldn’t happen! Very disappointing!
Valued Contributor

Re: Customer service needs to be in U.S.!

I'm not convinced you wouldn't have got the same response if you would have talked to a domestic customer service rep.  It's all a matter of training, being familiar with the services/devices and having the proper tools at their disposal.  Did you ask the rep where they were located or just assume?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)