Community Forum

Customer service debacle

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Customer service debacle

I spent over an hour in customer service purgatory last night. I've ordered NBA League Pass for the last 13 years, and a few years ago, the program was changed so that it automatically renews unless you take affirmative steps to cancel it.  I got a letter from Comcast a month or two reminding me of the automatic renewal at the early bird price and telling me I would need to call if I did not want to renew.

To my surprise, when I tried to watch an NBA game last night, I got a message that says, "We're still updating your acxcount.  You've caught us in the middle of updating your subscription.  You should see changes to your lineup shortly."  Frustrated, I called customer service.  The first guy I spoke with insisted he could not do anything for me and or even transfer me to someone else unless I gave him my account number, which I know is BS because I've never had to give my account number before.  So I had to hang up and call back again.  

I then went through 4 different people to try to address something that should have never required a call in the first place.  They tried to tell me that NBA League Pass was not on my account but that I could order it at the full price of $199.  I told them that I was supposed to be renewed at the early bird price and that, if a mistake had been made, I shouldn't be charged more because of Comcast's mistake.  No one even attempted to explain the message of "We're still updating your account," which I've never seen before and is different from what you see if you haven't ordered the package.  I finally spoke with a supervisor, who arrogantly asked me if I could prove I had received the letter about automatic renewal.

By now, I had spent nearly an hour on the phone, and I was incensed.  I was not going to be ripped off.  Finally, the supervisor offered to give me a $5 credit.  Incredibly insulting.  I was at my wit's end and hung up.

After the call, I checked to see whether I could watch NBA League Pass on my iPad through the Xfinity app.  Sure enough, I could.  That wouldn't be possible if my account didn't reflect that I had a subscription to NBA League Pass.  That means the people I spoke with were either liars or incompetent and tried to get me to buy something at an excessive price that I had already renewed at the early bird price.

I need to speak with someone in retention because I am steaming mad.  My evening was ruined.  All but one of the reps I spoke with had no idea what they were talking about.  I have now had to spend nearly 2 hours between last night and tonight to try to make this right.

That is no way to treat someone who has been a steady customer for more than 13 years and receives cable TV, internet and phone services.  I have literally paid tens of thousands of dollars to Comcast, and I expect to be compensated for this debacle.  If not, its time to cut the cord.  I can order the same services directly over the internet.