Community Forum

Customer Service Problems

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Customer Service Problems

We just signed up for Comcast a month ago and I am already thoroughly frustrated with our experience.  I signed up online and ordered the DIY installation package.  When it arrived, I was able to set it up (i.e. configure the wifi modem), but it would not work (I have worked in IT for 10+ years, so I know what I am doing). I moved the modem to the demarcation and it still would not connect.  

At this point, I called customer support and the agent walked me through the process to try to register the modem (from the demarc), but she was not able to communicate with the modem.  She indicated that a tech visit would be required at the cost of $60. I advised her that I did not want to pay for a tech visit to fix cable that was the responsibility of the provider.  I ended the call to continue troubleshooting on my end. Still unable to resolve the issue, I called back and spoke to an agent and her supervisor. I requested a line technician to resolve the issue with the outbound line, since the issue was outside of my house. They indicated that they could only request an installation tech (for $60). I again reiterated that I did not want to pay for a visit to fix an issue outside of my house. I communicated that I fully accepted responsibility for resolving issues inside of my house and only wanted the tech to resolve any issues up to the demarc.  The agent insisted that the only way to resolve the issue was to pay the $60 to send the tech and then I could call back to have the charges reversed if it was determined to be an outside issue.  Unfortunately, the only available time slots where when I had to be at work.  I reluctantly accepted the charge, since I was told there was no other way to get the issue resolved.

The tech arrived and I (and my wife) communicated to him that the modem would not communicate at the demarc, and that we only wanted the issue tested and resolved to the demarc.  If there were additional issues inside of our house, we would resolve them as long as the modem worked from the demarc. The tech was able to resolve the issue and get the modem to communicate at the demarc. The tech insisted that he must complete the configuration of the modem (and was surprised to find that I had already successfully configured it), and register the modem (which I was fully capable of doing).

I waited for the bill to make sure I fully understood what charges/adjustments had been made.  I called today, only to be informed that there was no record of my previous conversation with the agent who informed me that the charges could be refunded.  I was also informed that they would not refund the $60 because I had agreed to send the tech (I only agreed because I was told there was no other option to resolve the issue). I do not understand why I am being charged for a visit to fix something for which I am not legally responsible (I am legally only responsible for the line just past the demarc - this was not replaced). The cabling inside of my house has been fully functional since I relocated the modem from the demarc back into my house. 

I feel like Xfinity is just trying to charge me for the sake of charging me. I would understand the $60 charge if I had problems with the wiring in my house or needed someone to set up the equipment, but that is not the case. This is my first experience with Xfinity, and if this is how the rest of my experience is going to be, I will not be a customer much longer.