Community Forum

Customer Service Feedback

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Customer Service Feedback

So about a month ago I contacted Xfinity wanting to begin service. I was moving into my new home and wanted to begin a long lasting customer relationship with your company. During my phone call with a sales representative I was told that I couldn’t get service installed right away because my home was newly built and a survey would need to be done. I was understanding but I let the representative know that I am a college student taking an online course so it’s really important that service is installed in the house by August 3rd (my move-in date). Please note that this call took place at least two weeks prior. She said that they would have the survey done by the end of the week and then she’d call me to get service set up. She knew I’d be able to get service since all of my neighbors have Xfinity. So a week goes by and I never hear back so I call in. I find out that this representative had misspelt my name and all my contact information and never ordered a survey to be done on the home. I was very frustrated and concerned because I needed internet installed in the house by August 3rd — which was at this point, only a week away. So the second representative says “no worries! I’ve corrected your information and we will get someone out to survey the Home next week and get your service installed right away.” Well, of course, a week later, I hadn’t heard anything back so I called in and inquired about it. I have now moved into the home and have no internet service. It is Finals Week and I’m taking an online course and I have no internet. So I tell the third customer service representative that I am currently buying Xfinity hotspot data so I can do my homework but it’s very shoddy in my area so it is not an ideal situation at all. Not to mention I’m paying for a crappier version of the internet that should have already been installed in my house. So this representative apologizes for the inconvenience and let’s me know that my home didn’t need to be surveyed at all! Apparently my neighbors are close enough that they can just add my address in. So, I wasted 2 weeks of my time and I’m now losing money because several Xfinity employees didn’t know how to do their job. But I was patient and asked for her help. She said that she was going to add my address in and it would take about a week and she’d call me back. She has me select a service plan (which I’m happy with but she did not mention that the price is only good for 1 year out of the 2 year contract — not happy about that!). I wait a week and I don’t hear back so I call in. They tell me that there are NO installation dates available for the whole month. So they are going to escalate it and give me a call when a date that’s closer becomes available. A couple days later I get a call that the service can be installed next week. By this point, I have failed my online course because I had unreliable pay per hour hotspot internet instead of the internet I tried to get in my home a month ago. I set the appointment and contacted customer service who said they would waive the installation fee and give me a $30 credit on my first bill for all the money I spent on hotspots. Finally, a month later a technician comes out and installs everything. The technician was absolutely wonderful with my husband and we are happy with the service. However, when I came home I was informed that my name was completely butchered on everything related to my Xfinity account. My name is Priscilla but it was spelt Persicilla AND Perscilla AND Priscila — Depending in which service the representative messed up. I had such a hard time using the service because I had to remember three variations of my name and none of them were correct. With all the troubles I’ve gone through, this was just a breaking point for me. The day finally came that I got internet in my home and I broke down and cried for hours when I came home because I was so frustrated. My experience with Xfinity has taken a toll on my physical health. I’m a chemo patient and this has been making me so ill. But I managed to call again - time number what? 87? - and got my name changed supposedly. But still managed to find it not corrected on my XFi account. I so badly want to tell all my neighbors to switch over to Century Link and not recommend Xfinity but the truth is, you have superior services. I REALLY want to have a 30+ year relationship with your company and use your services as long as I’m in my new home, but I can’t seem to have anything go right. I mean, you guys have so many customers. How can it be so hard to sign someone up for simple internet service with a two to three week lead time. It’s not like I called the day before I moved and expected service. I promise you I have been so very reasonable but with the way my health is being impacted, i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a crime to treat your customers this way. Xfinity/Comcast — please find a way to make this right. I don’t care about the money but PLEASE fix everything that has gone wrong with my account so I can enjoy your services for longer without dying an early death from all the stress.
Expert

Re: Customer Service Feedback

Hi @Priscilla_adams

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Customer Service Feedback

Hi Priscilla_adams, I apologize for your experiences when trying to set up service.  I can review this on my side, could you please send me a private message with your full name and phone number.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!