Community Forum

Customer Leased (not by me) Gateway Modem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Customer Leased (not by me) Gateway Modem

I purchased an Arris TG1682G modem on Ebay with the hope of using it instead of a leased unit. While trying to register it I was informed it was Xfinity owned customer leased equipment. I am trying to get something in writing from Comcast stating this so I can get my money back from the seller. I was told by customer service that I could get a reciept from a Xfinity store that would reflect that if I turned it into them. When I tried to do that I was told that they could only give such a receipt to the customer who originally leased it. Makes no sense if you want your equipment back you would issue a receipt from whoever gave it to you wouldn't you.

Expert

Re: Customer Leased (not by me) Gateway Modem

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

Can you poke him again? I still haven't had an answer. Thanks.

Official Employee

@vandnbg - No need to poke us againSmiley Happy We assist our customers on a first come first serve order. I don't think we can provide any type of the official letter but let me double check. Could you please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account? Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!