Community Forum

Customer Care and a Message from Tom K

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Customer Care and a Message from Tom K

Dear Comcast Customer:

The Best Customer Experience, that’s what we strive for every day. As a company, our job is to make sure every interaction you have with us is a special one. We know your time is important. We know you want answers to your questions quickly and you want issues resolved the first time. We heard you. We are listening. And it’s all about you.

*Wow, what a great opening by Tom K*. Now it should be about me the customer and I should get my answers quickly…The 20min wait times and hour long hoop jumps through phone prompts are not quick. You have not heard me because I have to type in an email since there is no contact customer support email I’ll just have to guess here. And while you’re listening as a company why don’t we take a good long look at that website layout of yours. Horrendous, that’s the only word for it. With the various links that seem to end up in either adding additional services or shopping for new ones (current customer here by the way) the overall layout of the screen is a jumbled mess of flotsam. 
The next part of Tom K’s spiel is equally as disappointing.

We have been making significant progress in transforming the way we do business - online, through chat, on customer forums, as well as in person. We respect your time with innovations to:
•	Invest in our frontline agents more than ever, providing them with better tools and processes, so they deliver nothing short of excellence to you.
•	Develop Self Service features, with more on the way - all of which are sure to enhance your experience, as they have with the millions of our customers already using them.
•	Continue our commitment to you with our 2-hour appointment windows, backed by our Customer Guarantee.
•	Make it easy to get in contact with us through multiple channels, including social media.
Social media? Yes I am of that generation that needs to put everything to the public eye of scrutiny but why do I need to contact my cable company when they should be providing perfectly good internet for me to use? 

More importantly in this block is the second point. Self Service Features. Self serving what and for whom? I can add services sure. Even shop for new and updated packages, but currently I want to REMOVE Starz as it is a service I find myself not using. So I ask; where is the button I can remove this with? Where is the part where I can  service my issues with no looming up sale in the conversation?
This frustrates me because I am trying to take care of business on MY time. This brings me to the mentality of geographical monopolies that hinders the virtual world of producing greatness. Competition is a natural motivator that makes us truly strive to be the best. 

The next part of this wonderful statement from Tom K under the heading Customer Care Improvements and We are constantly working to server you better, reads as follows.

We view your feedback as an opportunity and we have a commitment to use your responses as we continue to improve.  You deserve a superior experience and our thousands of Comcast employees across the country are working tirelessly to make sure we deliver. We are here for you. I hope you are experiencing the positive impact of the progress we are making.

Great ending to this masterpiece of PR. And I hope, somewhere, this is taken seriously. Take this opportunity, as Tom says, to use my response for a better website. For a better community and culture to Comcast. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please ad actual user features to your online services.
Regards, 

Mildly Content Customer… for now

New Poster

Re: Customer Care and a Message from Tom K

Reducing is what I'm trying to do too. I think the only option is to cancel and try out Uverse.
Contributor

Re: Customer Care and a Message from Tom K

Rather than post a form letter to your public forum, how about provide actual customer service and fix your unreliable Xfinity when your customer calls in, rather than telling them to wait a week and blaming them for services you provide that aren't working.