Community Forum

Current customer, want to upgrade but....

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Current customer, want to upgrade but....

My current deal is about to go up in price and I've called Comcast several times trying to see if I could continue with the current pricing or get a new deal that is similar but so far I've gotten nowhere. I want to upgrade to X1 but not if the deal package is going up. I agree with what many folks are saying, that Comcast will roll out the red carpet for a new customer but the current customers seem to be taken for granted. I was a customer of Suburban Cable when Comcast acquired them so I've been a customer for a long time and have never missed a payment.. Hopefully someone can help me out or it may be time to look elsewhere.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Current customer, want to upgrade but....

Is there anyone from Comcast that can help me with this?  I know there has to be a deal that would work for me. I want to keep the service but at a price that is reasonable. I see help being offered in many other threads. 

Contributor

Ljczar,

Just like every cable provider the "New customer" promotions are available for just that New Customers.   You can continue to get discounts off of services by upgrading the service you have to a better tiered promotion but eventually the discounts end and you end up at regular rates.  Long time customers are not taken for granted, sometimes there are Loyalty Discounts that can be applied to accounts that have had their bundle discounts expire.  If you are in a Triple Play that has a bundle discount there can be no additional monetary discounts applied to that.  However once they expire and you are at everyday pricing you can potentially get a Loyalty Discount applied for years of subscription.   Please note that when you are in a Triple play that that in itself is a discount without the additional bundle discount.  Meaning for example the Starter TP.  Every day price for starter is 148.49.  To purchase those services individually would be Digital Starter at $69.95, Performance Pro internet at $84.95, and Unlimited Phone at $44.95.  Total cost would be $199.85 so when you bundle services together there is already a discount applied.

Frequent Visitor

I realize all deals will eventually expire and go back to regular pricing. I also realize deals for new customers are just that, but how many of those "new" customers will still be with Comcast 20 years from now and how many will be gone once their deal expires? Don' t tell me about loyalty discounts. How about fair pricing for all somewhere in between regular rates and new customer rates. I have to emphasize that I'm ok with my bill going up. I just don't want it to go up too much. With that being said is there an official Comcast employee who is reading this that could possibly reach out to help. I'm just looking for a deal within my budget without too much of an increase. Thanks in advance.

Contributor

Ljczar33,

I am an employee and I work in the billing department.  As far as if customers leave when their deal expires, sometimes it happens sometimes they stay.  The prices for increases can be given to you and at least when I put customers into new packages explain all the charges, meaning 1st year price, 2nd year price and then EDP (Every Day Price).

Frequent Visitor

Your posts do not identify you as an employee like others do. If you spell it out for people thats the way it should be done. It wasn't done for me. I asked when the pricing ended and I made a note of it. I started calling a few weeks before it ends only to then be informed that I had a 2 yr deal which is now going up. Poor communication from the rep. I see that in other threads people are being given the option to pm their responder and in many cases it seems to work out for the customer. Thats all I'm looking for-- the oppurtunity to see if something is available for me that is similar to my current price even if I have to lower internet speed, drop some channels, etc. Are you telling me that the only option is to take the increase and that nothing else can be done?
Official Employee

Hello, Ljczar33. I can help review your account's billing for you and assist with making any changes to your service that you'd like to proceed with. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me in order to send me a message verifying your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your account so I can assist. Thanks.

Diamond Problem Solver

cybrmstr wrote:

Ljczar33,

I am an employee and I work in the billing department.  As far as if customers leave when their deal expires, sometimes it happens sometimes they stay.  The prices for increases can be given to you and at least when I put customers into new packages explain all the charges, meaning 1st year price, 2nd year price and then EDP (Every Day Price).

Are you a Comcast employee or contractor ? If so, you may not be aware of this fact: Comcast employees must be authorized by the forum administrator in order to post in an official capacity. Employees have their names in RED and are designated as such.

If not authorized they can post here but cannot state they are employees. Nor can they allude to being employees.

You can contact the community manager here (Comcast Alan) about it;

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/5940005

Or the forum administrator (Comcast Jessie);
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/6173806

New Poster

threaten them to go to sateelite they hate losing customers lol just did that with dish make sure when they give you the price make sure it is with all the extras like taxes xtra tvs etc... that can add up fast