Community Forum

Current Billing Period

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Current Billing Period

I just need to know when my current billing period for the month of June, 2014 ends. I want to terminate my cable TV service but keep my internet.

Problem Solver

Re: Current Billing Period

It ends aprox 4-5 days after the "Payment Due By" date. 

You'd have to call Comcast Phone Support to get specific day that applies to your account.

edit: see Queen-Evie's reply

Gold Problem Solver

@dj280 wrote:

It ends aprox 4-5 days after the "Payment Due By" date. 

You'd have to call Comcast Phone Support to get specific day that applies to your account.

No, it does not. The BILLING DATE (date next bill is generated) is approximately 10 days after the due date.

The SERVICE period does not start the next cycle on the billing date.

My billing date is always the 21st of the month, due date always the 10th, service period always 3rd of one month to the 2nd of the next month.

You also do not have to call Comcast and wait on hold for who knows how long in order to find out the service period dates.

Look on your bill. It's listed there under Service Details and is easy to spot since it will look like this (of course dates for you likely will be different) 6/03-7/02 

If you do not have the paper bill to look at

HOW TO GET A COPY OF YOUR PAPER BILL ONLINE (clickable link)

Problem Solver

ok i looked & billing for your area is apparently different than mine.

(my service period is 3rd to the 4th of following month, sometimes 4th to the 3rd, it somewhat alternates).
My "payment due by" date actually turns out to be the same as last day of that listed service period, 4th of the month.

And my new bill is billed (generated) on the the 7th each month,  available online the next morning the 8th but sometime not available till the 9th, but thats where i came up with aprox 4-5 days.

(apparently can only say for my service area though) .... 

Obviously then customer billing is not standardized nationwide. 

edit:  and yes i c you're correct the service period ends prior to the new bill generated

Gold Problem Solver

dj280, I knew that billing isn't standardized across Comcast. I did not know HOW other areas handle billing. Thank you for the explanation about your bill.

I at least hope that ALL  bills include the service period dates.

My online bill is usually not available until sometime later in the day on the 23rd. I can get the total due online the next day but have to wait another 24 hours or so for the copy of the paper bill for download.