Community Forum

Credut was pulled without my permision more than 8 months after account change

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Credut was pulled without my permision more than 8 months after account change

I received a notice today that Comcast Chicago had pulled my Equifax without authorization. I have been in Comcast client for almost 2 years and the most recent change to the account was an address update 8 months ago. I'm very confused as to when I called was originally hung up on because the woman was convinced I needed to call my bank. I called back and waited on hold for another 30 minutes before speaking to a supervisor who gave me a website to dispute. Working 70 hours a week makes it hard to submit a form when I did not give authorization I've already locked all of my credits but would like an explanation as to what has occurred.
Expert

Re: Credut was pulled without my permision more than 8 months after account change

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Credut was pulled without my permision more than 8 months after account change

Hello Comatthew, Comcast can pull your credit w/o your permission as we have a legitimate business need in connection with a transaction that you initiated. If you feel as though this credit inquiry was made without your knowledge and permission I can look into having the inquiry removed. Please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!