Community Forum

Credit pull after being told that it was only for identity verification

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Credit pull after being told that it was only for identity verification

I got a comcast/xfinity internet connection from a store. I specifically asked if there was a deposit option instead of providing my ssn and I was told that it is not an option. I then mentioned that I do not want a hard credit pull on my account, but the store rep asked for my ssn and mentioned that it will be used only for identity purposes (soft pull) and a hard credit pull will not be done. I noticed that comcast did pull my equifax credit report with a hard pull. I talked to the store about removing or masking the entry on my report and the store rep/manager just apologized. He mentioned that they cannot do anything about this.

How can I get this removed from my credit report since I was misguided by the store rep? All of this after specifically asking for deposit option and also confirming that there will not be a credit hard pull.

Official Employee

Re: Credit pull after being told that it was only for identity verification

rimmaculate, thanks for posting. I see your private messages to the team. Please do not private message all of us without being prompted. I will follow up with you in our private message thread to look into this hard inquiry. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!