Community Forum

Credit never applied to account resulting in Collections

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Credit never applied to account resulting in Collections

I called and cancelled my service February 19th and was billed until March 9th I called to get things straightened out on April 11th as I was told when I cancelled that I wouldn't be billed after the date of calling even if the service was still active. I explained things to the agent, she talked to her supervisor and stated they would apply a 100 dollar credit to my account to make up for the time I was billed for meaning I only owed 50 dollars. A couple days later I received a bill in the mail stating that I owed 149 dollars. So I checked my account and sure enough it was still 149 dollars. I figured it just hadn't been enough time for it to show up yet so I gave it a couple days. Then I started receiving unknown phone calls, it turns out Comcast sent my bill to collections without ever applying any type of credit to the account. I'm in the process of trying to buy a house so this bill going to collections on my credit report is no good. I Really hope someone can help get this straightened out, I have no issue paying the bill as long as it is the true amount I should be paying. This going to collections is rather holding me hostage until it's figured out.
Expert

Re: Credit never applied to account resulting in Collections

@Leach034 wrote:
I called and cancelled my service February 19th and was billed until March 9th I called to get things straightened out on April 11th as I was told when I cancelled that I wouldn't be billed after the date of calling even if the service was still active. I explained things to the agent, she talked to her supervisor and stated they would apply a 100 dollar credit to my account to make up for the time I was billed for meaning I only owed 50 dollars. A couple days later I received a bill in the mail stating that I owed 149 dollars. So I checked my account and sure enough it was still 149 dollars. I figured it just hadn't been enough time for it to show up yet so I gave it a couple days. Then I started receiving unknown phone calls, it turns out Comcast sent my bill to collections without ever applying any type of credit to the account. I'm in the process of trying to buy a house so this bill going to collections on my credit report is no good. I Really hope someone can help get this straightened out, I have no issue paying the bill as long as it is the true amount I should be paying. This going to collections is rather holding me hostage until it's figured out.

When you canceled your service did you return any equipment you may have been renting?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Yes, it all has been returned
Expert

@Leach034 wrote:
Yes, it all has been returned

Thanks for the reply; I just wanted to get it all out there.

I'm going to escalate this issue for you.  An Official Employee will respond to you here.  In the meantime, though, don't send a Private Message to an Official Employee without request because it's against Forum GuidelinesSmiley Wink

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi Leach034, I will gladly review this for you.   Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you