Community Forum

Crappy contractor work

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Crappy contractor work

Last weekend we had problems with one channel.  A contractor came out and repaired the problem by installing a new line from the "tower" in the back yard which is  the main connection for several villa's in my development.  He also ran a new line, the third going to my house in 6 years, must buy crappy wire.  Well, the cable worked great with a crystal clear picture.  Another contractor came out yesterday to bury the cable.  First, he had a old pickup with no Comcast markings, just a faded out sticker from a auto care store.No visiable ID on him either.  When I went to ask a question, not much English.  OK,I left him alone to do his work I went out after he was done and now there are three lines on the side of my house, two dead.  No one ever removes the old, there are so many wires crammed into the "tower" that it won't close, there  is about a 2- 21/2 gap between the top and bottom, what happens when it rains,guess it doesn't matter.  There are also "dead" connectors sticking out of the tower with a male cable end sticking out..  How do I get some one to fix this matter?

Admin1

Re: Crappy contractor work

Hi TimOSullivan -- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can help with getting a crew out to remove old, unused lines as well as old, unused connectors. Can you PM me this address so I can get a job built for this please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!