Community Forum

Cost to downgrade services - should I cancel?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Cost to downgrade services - should I cancel?

Hi, I was a new customer last July after moving to a new neighborhood that only offered Comcast internet services. I initially signed up for Internet Pro Plus with HBO for $60, but a sales rep convinced me to try out the Premium package with everything for $109. However, I use mostly apps to watch tv and want to switch back to my old plan. When I called to discuss (since Comcast always blocks me from changing my services online for some reason), I am now being told the cost of that plan is over $90. When I asked about internet-only pricing, it was a minimum of $89 per month. This is absolutely ridiculous - if I could get FIOS in my neighborhood I would switch today. Why would you charge exorbitant prices to existing customers who simply want to change their services? I am considering DirecTV at this point unless someone is willing to help with this, as I am tired of going in circles with reps on the phone who argue with me and simply try to make me stay with the package I already have.

I won’t even get into the fact that Comcast is like the only provider that doesn’t work with HBOGo on my new Sony TV... I will never live in another neighborhood again where Comcast is the only option. Smiley Sad
Official Employee

Re: Cost to downgrade services - should I cancel?

Hi juliesk99, 

Sorry for the experience you're having while trying to get a new promotion. I'd be happy to review your account to see if there's been any changes since you last reached out. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.