Community Forum

Connectivity Issues, Customer service is horrible

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Connectivity Issues, Customer service is horrible

First off, I've been a customer of xfinity for over 5 yrs now. I get lied to every time I talk to a representative and they tell me what my monthly bill SHOULD be. Of course it's almost always 50 dollars or more than what they say. I have had issues with my internet speed ever since I've been with xfinity and no one solves the issue any time I talk to someone. I pay out the *** for 125 mbps speeds. My downloads run about 20 mbps at the HIGHEST. I'm so tired of calling xfinity because they never give me an honest answer or solve my issues and I'm constantly overcharged. I recently moved and first of all, couldn't use my tv, internet, or phone for about 2 weeks but still got charged the full monthly amount. Also when they sent someone to hook up the cable line cause someone had cut it bwfore I moved in, I was told I didn't have to pay for that service. But guess what is on my next bill? $60 for an installation fee.
Expert

Re: Connectivity Issues, Customer service is horrible

@kris_tine89 wrote:
 I have had issues with my internet speed ever since I've been with xfinity and no one solves the issue any time I talk to someone. I pay out the *** for 125 mbps speeds. My downloads run about 20 mbps at the HIGHEST.

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I'm so tired of calling xfinity because they never give me an honest answer or solve my issues and I'm constantly overcharged. I recently moved and first of all, couldn't use my tv, internet, or phone for about 2 weeks but still got charged the full monthly amount.

They should be able to credit you for the time you didn't have service.

Also when they sent someone to hook up the cable line cause someone had cut it bwfore I moved in, I was told I didn't have to pay for that service. But guess what is on my next bill? $60 for an installation fee.

Yes, if they have to send a tech, they charge an install fee.  

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Most Valued Poster

Kris, I posted what I thought would be a very helpful, full range reply to your issues, but it was removed. Hope

or someone will be kind enough to give me exact specifics on why that happened so I can know presisely my violation, and avoid a repeat, but if you would like to PM me, I'd be happy to offer some real world help.

Hope this and your other problems are resolved soon. Smiley Happy

Most Valued Poster

Also when they sent someone to hook up the cable line cause someone had cut it bwfore I moved in.

Where eactly was the cable cut, was it before or after the cable box  outside your house?

Official Employee

Hello all,

@kris_tine89 - I can help with your technical and billing concerns. Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

@Kenny768 - Please check our Forums Policy and Guidelines. Your post violated several rules and has been removed. If you have any questions - please send me a private message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!