Community Forum

Confusion on 30 day guarantee and going back to old service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Confusion on 30 day guarantee and going back to old service

Just got off the phone with a CSR discussing my decision to cancel the cable service I started April 26. Before that I only had internet. I had a contract for one year at 49.99. When I called to cancel my cable and revert back to only my internet, she said it would cost $5 more. She explained the package I was on, they did not have anymore because of the speed bump Xfinity provided at the start of the year. While I understand that, I am now be punished for trying out your cable service by paying more for my internet. I thought under the 30 day guarantee that I would revert back to my old package. This does not make sense to me, can you explain this?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Confusion on 30 day guarantee and going back to old service

Same situation.  I had a geat deal and should have known better than to rock the boat trying an upgrade.  Waiting to hear back on my post but today is the day I need to cancel the upgrade so will have to drop to a much slower than original speed to keep the original price.  I'll try to argue that at least I shouldn't still have a commit if I can't go back to the original deal I commited to so at least I can hop on the next really good deal I see from any provider. 

Regular Contributor

whats there too explain? if they  dont have that package any more then  they  dont have it   wish means you cant go  back too your old plan  wish all so means  you have too get a new package 

Frequent Visitor

The telemarketers should stop telling you that you can go back if not happy with the upgrade they talk you into or the programers should develop some way to keep the old plan in suspended billing for 30 days until for sure staying with the new plan.  

Official Employee

Hi timdlang1. I have responded to your other post about your service package and transfer of service issues. I can also help with this concern. Please see your other thread located:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Not-exactly-sure-what-to-do/m-p/3090556#M154345