Community Forum

Complete dishonesty - Comcast hides fees when you sign up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Complete dishonesty - Comcast hides fees when you sign up

I tried signing up online for new service at a new location in San Jose, CA. I noticed the X1 Premier Double Play package, which includes 150 Mbps and 260+ Channels for $134.99/mo. After going through the process and adding an aditional TV Box, while keeping my own modem, the price goes up to $144.94/mo. There are 7 different pages you need to go through, until you get through the final 'Let's review your order', which still tells me my Regular Monthly Charges are going to be $144.94/mo. At the very bottom, in small italizied letter, it says *Excludes taxes & fees

So, what taxes and fees are these exactly? According to a represetentive over the phone, the taxes can range from $10-$20, depending on your area. The fees are mandatory, at $8/mo [Broadcast TV Fee] and $6.75/mo [Regional Sports Fee]. Why aren't these $8 and $6.75 fees included into the price automatically, based on the location you entered from step 1? I am sitting here thinking I am going to pay $144.94/mo, and I am ready to click submit order. Until I see that small asterisk of "Excludes taxes & fees", which caused me to do more research. In reality, I am apparently going to be paying at LEAST $169.69 [after the fees + taxes]. That's an extra $25 on top of the 'Let's review your order' "final" price of $144.94. Taxes could be up to $20, which would bring up the total to $179.69, which is an extra $35 on top of what I actually believed I was going to pay on the 'Let's review your order' page.

I have attached photos, labled page1/page2/etc... That shows you exactly what I saw while going through this setup process. I think it's completely dishonest of Comcast to hide these mandatory fees from the customer. I understand that I was going to pay taxes, but I did not think I was going to have to pay an extra $15 in TV/Sports fees. Also, when you get to the last page of an order, which allows you to review everything, why wouldn't you [comcast] list all these fees for the customer? It's ridiculous and unprofessional.

page1.png
page2.png
page3.png
page4.png
page5.png
page6.png
page7.png
Official Employee

Re: Complete dishonesty - Comcast hides fees when you sign up

Hi janzaldua, 

Sorry you feel this way. Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this along to my leadership.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!