Community Forum

Complaint: Channels Subject to Change

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Complaint: Channels Subject to Change

Two months ago, I signed up for Comcast TV\Internet.  Today, the channels are different; I'm missing some that I had and have some that I never did.  Upon contacting customer service, I was told that the package i bought (again 2 months ago) has been "altered".  When I questioned where my missing channels were (Cartoon Network, Disney, etc. for my kids), they informed me that they've been moved to a higher-tier package.  I could certainly get them back... I'd just have to pay more.

I understand the who "subject to change without notice" fine print, and won't argue with it.  I will say, however... it's frustrating that the "1 year commitment" I made with Comcast means nothing to Comcast.  It means, apparently "pay us this amount of the year and will give you whatever channels we decide... not necessarily the ones that were there when you shopped around an bought it."

When I called Comcast, I spoke to three different people, including "the supervisor for the day", who needed me to repeat the issue, and my request, and even went so far as to say "you still have that channel... wait, never mind... no you don't."  It took two hours between the three people, and the only response was "we know what you thought you bought, but that's different now and you simply need to pay %50 more than we asked you to to get it.  Oh, and you're not eligible for any of the "new customer packages" anymore, because you're not new."

I'm not surprised... I always leave Comcast with the same disdain...  I only ever come back when it's the only service offered.  And every time, I'm disappointed.

I paid for channels that aren't there anymore... two months in.

Admin1

Re: Complaint: Channels Subject to Change

Hi Agamet -- We know that it is upsetting to lose a channel that you like. Our promotional offers provide discounted pricing off of our services. However, we may rearrange or change programming, features or offerings that are a part of our services, even those that we provide under a promotional offer. We regularly evaluate our XFINITY TV to ensure it includes the best combination of programming options to appeal to our customers.

Even though you are no longer considered a new customer, we may still have package discounts available for our higher tiers. We would be happy to look at those options for you if you're interested. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!