Community Forum

Community Forum closed December 16th - discuss here

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums will close in the middle of December.

Well, I guess the party's over.  It was fun while it lasted.  Felix Navada ya'll

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastKeisha wrote:

maybenot--

Please follow the steps provided by lophatphuud. 

Did it. Did not work.  (Nothing is checked there to begin with.)

Also went into the 'e-mail' as suggested by Angie in a later post, there it lists the items I am 'subscribed to'---------------#99, The Xfinity Community Forums are closing, etc., etc.

Nothing is checked there either-------------but I attempted to delete it, and all I get is something that says "There are no items checked for batch processing."   HUH???

It won't work for me.  Now, I know this forum is for someone to tell ME how to fix something (in this case something you set me up with when I didn't want it)------but since everything you are telling me to 'uncheck' isn't checked in the first place, and what you tell me to do doesn't work, I am asking that YOU go in and fix it.  I know you have access, you would not create a program that only a subscriber can access.

PLEASE GO INTO MY ACCOUNT AND FIX IT SO I DO NOT GET ANY MORE E-MAILS EVERY TIME SOMEONE POSTS ON A THREAD THAT I HAVE POSTED ON.

And if you can't do this, then give me a phone # so I can talk to someone in person, please.   I am frustrated as heck.   

Edited to add------
Never mind, I may have fixed it.  I tried checking the box, THEN deleting it, and it appears to have worked.  The test will be seeing if I get any more e-mails.  VERY complex, round-about way of getting rid of something I never asked for in the first place, but if it works--------------------------

Frequent Visitor

Again, The expert , "Again"...that is.Smiley Happy. thank you. I understand your position in all this and appreciate, there isn't anything you can do about it. I sure would like the automated emails to stop as well. If I promise not to post in here again Keisha, is there a magic button ? Lol.... Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

@Peechee2 wrote:
Again, The expert , "Again"...that is.Smiley Happy. thank you. I understand your position in all this and appreciate, there isn't anything you can do about it. I sure would like the automated emails to stop as well. If I promise not to post in here again Keisha, is there a magic button ? Lol.... Thanks.

Peechee, see my (edited) post just above this and try what I did.  Went into the 'e-mail' section, it listed the thread I was getting e-mailed on.  It was not checked, so I checked it.  THEN, there was an option for deleting subscriptions, and I checked 'delete all' or 'uncheck all', not sure which.  It came up and said it had been deleted, now I'm waiting to see if it works.  Will let you know.  Good luck. 

Expert

maybenot, keep us posted on this, please.  Sometimes, like in the Community Forums, we run across a glitch that crops up, but doesn't always affect everyone, so we don't know until someone mentions it.

evil button.jpg

It's evil, I tell you.  EVIL!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Sorry, my previous intructions were not complete for currently subscribed threads.

To stop emails for current subscriptions (which for you is probably just this one thread) there are extra steps needed.

So the full instructions would be:

My Setttings -> Subscriptions and Bookmarks -> Options (the defualt)

once there uncheck:

Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate

Notify me for my own posts and replies
Now we need to remove current subscriptions
My Setttings -> Subscriptions and Bookmarks -> Email Subscriptions
  once there use the Pull Down menu and:
      Select Check All, Delete them and  confirm
That will remove all current susbscriptions, which for most of you, will be this one thread.
Post back if you still have problems. The Help and Support forums are a work in progress and undiscovered features popup from time to time.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@LoPhatPhuud wrote:

Sorry, my previous intructions were not complete for currently subscribed threads.

To stop emails for current subscriptions (which for you is probably just this one thread) there are extra steps needed.

So the full instructions would be:

My Setttings -> Subscriptions and Bookmarks -> Options (the defualt)

once there uncheck:

Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate

Notify me for my own posts and replies
Now we need to remove current subscriptions
My Setttings -> Subscriptions and Bookmarks -> Email Subscriptions
  once there use the Pull Down menu and:
      Select Check All, Delete them and  confirm
That will remove all current susbscriptions, which for most of you, will be this one thread.
Post back if you still have problems. The Help and Support forums are a work in progress and undiscovered features popup from time to time.

Thanks------just one thing to add--------------for me, at least, the box in E-mail Subscriptions was not checked (even though apparently it was the default option.)    So I had to first check it, THEN do the deleting.  Wouldn't work until I put the checkmark in.    I believe it's fixed now, been over 40 minutes and I haven't received any e-mails even though there have been more posts.    Thanks----- 

Frequent Visitor

@maybenot wrote:

@Peechee2 wrote:

Peechee, see my (edited) post just above this and try what I did.  Went into the 'e-mail' section, it listed the thread I was getting e-mailed on.  It was not checked, so I checked it.  THEN, there was an option for deleting subscriptions, and I checked 'delete all' or 'uncheck all', not sure which.  It came up and said it had been deleted, now I'm waiting to see if it works.  Will let you know.  Good luck. 

Sorry I didn't make it clear what to do, maybenot - you do need to go there, CHECK the threads, and then click on 'delete' , peechee!  Since I found that out and did it, I have not received any e-mails!

Frequent Visitor

@Again wrote:

My post below refers to a global "you" and not anyone specific unless so named.

Unfortunately, we probably will never know or understand the why behind the closing of the Community Forums.  Those of us that are "experts" here voiced our opinions on how badly this was handled.  We were not even told that this thread would be a "landing" thread when you tried to go to the Community Forums.  We have no control over the situation.  It is what it is.  We wish it was different.  This thread has stayed open to help Community Members find their way to the new community that was opened by some who have become very giving of their time creating a new place for everyone to share, sans Comcast, sans Lithium.

I am sure some Comcast employees are reading your posts, but I am also pretty sure none will post in this thread unless it is to say that they're reading the posts and will pass the information along.  Short and sweet and not consoling at all.  [Except for Keisha, bearing her perfume spritzer and knitting needles, to make that post.]

We DO know how you all feel, but it is very unfair of you to attack or misdirect your anger on any of us.  We had no role in this other than making it clear to ComcastEric, et al, that the annoucement was handled extremely badly and posted in an inappropriate place.  Just because the forum has closed now doesn't mean you shouldn't continue the follow-up with the contact people GizziesMom and Redmomma5 had been in touch with.  Continue until you feel your voice has been loudly heard and you get the answers you deserve.  

Irish, I imagine your posts are being pulled because of the graphics.  This isn't the appropriate place for them.  [Although, on a side note, I have found some of them to be ridiculously funny.]

As for the question about all the email you might be receiving from this thread, here you're automatically subscribed to any thread you post in, so you need to turn that off.  At the top of the page, when you're signed in, click on My Settings and then on the Subscriptions and Bookmarks tab.  Uncheck the first box and save.  You should no longer receive each post by email. 

The New Coffee Shop where more than just coffee is served! 

FWIW to the CS immigrants, I will miss seeing your incredible graphics that you posted.  Some were quite awesome and others I just sat and stared at in amazement.  The holiday ones right now brightened up my gloomy days.  The CS community, as well as the other forums, became not just a stopping place in the dark cold confines of the internet, but a home with a fireplace, hot chocolate and good food in the winter and a summer retreat in the spring.  Your closeness went beyond a virtual "page" housed inside a computer.  A lot of you pulled your fingers away from the keyboard and took a chance to meet in real life and found something you would have never had if Comcast had not provided the springboard - new friends from all over the country.  Births, deaths, weddings, divorces, achievements, failures, illnesses and recoveries....all posted about to your friends in a neighborhood that became close knit, virbrant and vital.  For that, you all should be proud because that doesn't happen enough on the internet.  Don't let this achievement die.  Change is hard [believe me, I know all too well right now!] and we usually lash out at those that forced it upon us, but channel that anger into building something better.  Who knows, what you're now building may become the next HOT place to meet on the internet and you all could become famous and rich!  Powerhouse communities start with only a handful of people, so you never know.

Okay, the "wordie" guy is done now.  For a while at least.  Sometimes I think I just enjoy hearing the tapping of the keys because it lets me know I am still alive and still a person behind the anonymity of cyberspace.

Wow, that was really beautiful - do you know us?  because you nailed our relationshoips as well as anyone who was a regular CSer. Thank you.  So someone does get it ...too bad you are NOT a Comcast Czar! Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Thanks everybodySmiley Happy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums closed December 15th.

In the midst of the multitude of questions about how to turn off the automatic email subscriptions, you may have missed this news.

There is a new forum created by your community forum friends.

It is free and not affiliated with Comcast. You'll find over 200 former community forum members there: 

http://coffeeshop.forumotion.com

Contributor

@ComcastKeisha wrote:

All,

As we’ve seen more and more users migrating to newer social platforms like Facebook and Twitter over the past couple of years, we’ve also seen usage and participation in our Community Forums dramatically decline.  Because of that, we've made the decision to no longer support the community forums.

We appreciate your involvement in the XFINITY Community Forums and hope you continue to engage with us and other users as we move our conversations to forementioned social venues. You may follow us on Twitter and "Like" us on Facebook.

For issues with your XFINITY services, please select a category and start a post so that we may assist you.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for being a Comcast customer.

Facebook and/or Twitter are nothing like the Forums and never will be. Personally, I want nothing to do with either one of them, and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

I find it hard to believe that usage/participation has declined. From what I've seen, it has (had) increased.

Regardless, what we all want to know is whether or not the decision was financial (or whimsical?) in nature; what exactly was the reason? Was an additional charge ever considered? No one ever asked me.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums closed December 16th.

I clicked my bookmark for the community forum and ended up here but at the beginning of the thread. Why would you link to this thread at the beginning instead of creating a new explanation thread and linking to that?

No wonder people are annoyed by the time they post. You skim through all the turmoil over not only the closing but the way it was handled.

Many of the "experts" who help here complained loudly to Comcast. Comcast didn't listen. We didn't get any more explanation than you did. 

I might try to split this thread so that people being redirected here will get directions to the new forum as well as instructions about how to turn off the automatic subscriptions. That really helps for help forums where people need breadcrumbs to lead them back to the answers.

I am NOT trying to squelch discussion. I'm not censoring. You can keep posting in this train of thought. But it may move over a thread so that people who just want an explanation of why they are here and how to find their friends can find that more easily.

Regular Visitor

why are they closing it.

Silver Problem Solver

Thank you, EVERYONE, for being patient while I split the thread. I locked the other one.

Edit: You can mark all the posts in this part of the forum as read by choosing the appropriate "Board Option" as shown:

MarkRead.jpg

Rogenia, Comcast claims that people should use Twitter and Facebook. But those are not threaded discussion forums. It's not the same kind of interaction and community. And the Community Forum had quite a community. Keisha suggested numbers were dropping. That doesn't seem like a great reason.

Essentially, Comcast hasn't given a good reason and has handled the closure terribly.

This help forum is primarily a customer-to-customer help forum. You can complain to Comcast at:

https://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/contactus/ContactUs.html

Expert

Just speculation off the top of my head.....

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Comcast's move away from .net to .com.  I'm sure it's not the entire reason, especially since email addresses are still .net.  But, this just seemed so out of the blue and sudden.

There were probably many factors and we'll never know why, but I think we've all agreed this was probably the WORST handled situation that's come down the pike.  I'm sure somewhere there was miscommunication on where the annoucement was supposed to be placed, so ComcastEric, who is just an employee, can't be blamed.  Bless him, he was just a messenger that ended up being caught in a bad situation.  I'm not making excuses, mind you.

Will we ever know the real reason?  I am not holding my breath.  There are probably lots of reasons which sound good on the corporate side, but not so good from a participating customer point of view.

I just hope the new forum that was set up continues to thrive.  When I last looked earlier this evening there had already been over 11,000 posts in this short time.  For a fledgling forum that is pretty impressive and proves what I said earlier.  This was a tight knit community where people were more than just screennames in cyberspace.  I really hope that Comcast is aware of that. 

All right, "wordie" is packing up his keyboard for the night and maybe for a few days, since *I* am moving.

Frequent Visitor

I have a complaint that I would like "help" for...  There is a poster to this forum who is tagging everyone's posts with derisive negative messages without posting any messages of his own.  This is AGAINST forum guidelines.  Tagging is not to be used in a derisive or insulting manner and in fact, has the same rules as posting.

I would like to ask that you remove all such tags from the posts here or I will be calling Comcast Corporate to ask why the customers are being allowed to be insulted in the "Help Forum" in this manner.

The poster who is doing this is:  johnb1962

Thanks for your help.  Have a nice day.Woman Happy

Gold Problem Solver

I think the tagging function should be removed here in the Help forums. It serves no useful purpose.

There is a way to prevent tagging of posts.

When making a post check the box that says Do not allow anyone to tag this post.

You just have to remember to do it everytime. I would like to see a universal setting that would prevent all my posts from being tagged.

I also have tags set not to show. I will enable it to see what has been said with the tags. I will also report that person to the admins.

Problem Solver

Same goes for that ridiculous "spoiler" icon on the reply page..  I had previously questioned its function, in another thread regarding the STRIKETHROUGH ICON , message 8..

There was no response from comcast admn who had been responding in that thread..

????

In agreement with the tagging function.. 

ciao, bj

Expert

Yes, lostobsessed, I do know you.  I was NightHawk in the Community Forums.  I didn't post much, but did read a lot.  For me, coming "into" the CoffeeShop was like coming in from the dark and snowy cold to a lodge den and sitting in front of the fire reading letters from home.  It was warm and comfortable with conversations flowing all around in a somehow organized mess.  It was fun.  It was unique.  Special.  And never a dull moment!

Keep the fires burning at the new place.  Don't let the community die.

Contributor

Missed this announcement... saw a reference to 11,000 checking into something new

Where is that?

Contributor

@WildAnnie wrote:

Missed this announcement... saw a reference to 11,000 checking into something new

Where is that?

http://coffeeshop.forumotion.com

Frequent Visitor

The nasty tags are still there....Woman Frustrated

Bronze Problem Solver

Yeah, I don't think anyone here can remove them.  I'm guessing that has to come from an actual Comcast employee. 

I agree the tags serve no useful purpose, just like the useless spoiler tag.  (And on a different topic, we still don't have the strike-through restored!)

Expert

aaaaa

aaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaa 

Mine works.

Bronze Problem Solver

Mine (as well as others) is AWOL.  Smiley Sad

Gold Problem Solver

@RedMomma5 wrote:

All tags made in this thread have been removed. After I removed them I did triple check to make sure they were gone. As of the time of this post there are no tagged posts.

IF ANY MORE ARE MADE AND YOU WANT THEM REMOVED PLEASE REQUEST REMOVAL.

You can disbale tags.

Click on My Settings.

Tagging tab.

Tagging Options.

UNCHECK 

Problem Solver

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Mine (as well as others) is AWOL.  Smiley Sad

Service Expert

12-19-2011 12:27 PM

aaaaa

aaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaa 

Mine works.

Trying to do a double quote here... 

I guess, WTP, we just don't rate....         

Again, do you have both spoiler and strikethrough icons? 

And I apologize for the highjack and will take it back to the original thread, mentioned above..

ciao, bj

edit--  trying to correct  messy post

Contributor

After checking this link twice   http://coffeeshop.forumotion.com

I found nothing whatsoever having to do with help for the Comcast Web processes.

Where does one find that community?

Frequent Visitor

Well hello and thanks for that.  There are a couple still left but not so noxious as some of them were.  As far as turning off tagging, I think that just turns it off from my view and not the view of others.Woman Happy

@Queen-Evie wrote:

@RedMomma5 wrote:

All tags made in this thread have been removed. After I removed them I did triple check to make sure they were gone. As of the time of this post there are no tagged posts.

IF ANY MORE ARE MADE AND YOU WANT THEM REMOVED PLEASE REQUEST REMOVAL.

You can disbale tags.

Click on My Settings.

Tagging tab.

Tagging Options.

UNCHECK  Turn on tagging.

Scroll down, click Save.

The Add Tag option will no longer appear in your posts and those by others.

Gold Problem Solver

I'll go through the posts again to see what was left behind.

I just tried something. I have Turn on Tagging unchecked.

I don't see Add Tag in any post.

I signed in to the forums using a secondary account.

WIth that account, Turn on Tagging is checked. Even though I, as QE do not see Add Tag in any post, my secondary account DOES see Add Tag in any post made by QE.

So you are correct and what I previously posted is incorrect.

edit to add: I did find one that I didn't get the first time. It has been removed.

Gold Problem Solver

@WildAnnie wrote:

I found nothing whatsoever having to do with help for the Comcast Web processes.

What community? If you click the link and see this you will be at the NEW home for the Coffeeshop.

coffeeshop.PNG

This is NOT affiliated with Comcast in any way. That is why there is no mention of Comcast.

When Comcast announced that the Community Forum was closing someone from that community set up a NEW place for you to use.  All you have to do is register and begin posting.

The Comcast forum officially closed this past Friday, Dec. 16th.  

Contributor

@WildAnnie wrote:

I posted that link because from your previous post, I thought you were looking for an alternative to the Forums Comcast took away from us. I did not realize you were looking for help with web processes. I wrote twice to Comcast regarding my dismay at the closing of the forums, and got nothing but what I considered a completely canned response with no answers at all to the questions I was asking. On my first inquiry, I was given a link to this forum, and on my second one, I was given this response:

Thank you for contacting Comcast High Speed Internet. My name is Mark
and I hope you are doing fine. You have reached the right department and
I appreciate the time you took to write in today.

Paul, I understand you are having issues with the Comcast Forums. I know
how important this is for you to address your web site issue immediately
for your convenience. Rest assured that your Comcast Forums concern will
be taken care of. Let me go ahead and provide you helpful information
about the feedback process.

I am sorry to hear you hear that you found our website unsatisfactory. I
assure you that Comcast is dedicated to providing quality service and we
diligently work to resolve all issues in a timely manner.

We need to hear about any unsatisfactory situations in order to correct
them and to enhance our level of customer service. I have forwarded your
comments to the appropriate members of our development and management
teams for further review and action. We appreciate that you took the
time to help us keep our commitment to quality customer care and to
improve our website.

Please be assured that we will use this event as an opportunity to
learn, and the information we gather will be applied towards making our
website even more reliable.

Comcast apologizes for the difficulty that you are having with your
service. It is our goal to ensure that every customer is satisfied with
their Comcast service, but there are situations in which we are unable
to achieve that goal. When those situations occur, Comcast values your
feedback so we can strive to make improvements. If you would like to
speak with us before then, you can chat with us at the following link
(save this link to your favorites for quick access to customer service
any time you need it):

http://www.comcastsupport.com/chat

Please feel free to reach our representatives that are available 24
hours a day, 7 days a week.

Please be sure to have any of the following for verification purposes:

1. Comcast Account Number,
2. Last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with the
Account,
3. Service address, account name and phone number;
4. Date and amount of last payment made and/or
5. A list of Comcast service/s that is/are installed in your home.

We Want to Hear From You:

Your feedback is important to us as we strive to improve our products,
services, and overall customer experience. Please fill out the form
below to help us serve you better.

http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

The feedback form is properly addressed and documented.

Thank you for your patience and it has been a pleasure assisting you
today. I know your time is important. If you have any more questions,
please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

In addition, you can always visit Comcast FAQ or Help forums at
www.comcast.net for an independent resolution.

To assure the proper tracking of this issue, please refer to this case
number for future reference:

The links they included connect you to a chat service, and to the same "complaint" page I used to elicit this response. It is very frustrating, and I presume virtually impossible to obtain a couple of straight answers to a couple of simple questions, so, I think I give up!.  

Regular Visitor

Comcast was taken over by a republican (right wing) group. Why does this surpise you.

Bronze Problem Solver

Politics has nothing to do with it.  Their email responses have always been answered by "robots" that never have anything to do with the inquiry.  Nothing new.

Contributor

Kind of odd that at the bottom of the page it states this is powered by lithium.

Think about that.

Weird there are so many on these help forums complaining about posters in another forum coming here to complain.

The exact same thing can happen to you. I wonder if you will react the same way and say absolutely nothing about them shutting down these forums?

The people on this forum (you know those with red names) are employed by Lithium who was then contracted out by comcast. I guess in that sense you can claim they work for comcast but in truth they work for Lithium.

The "experts" aren't even known by comcast corporate.

@Again wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

Queen-Evie wrote: No. The community forum is a separate entity.

I know that, and you know that, but does Comcast know that?

Yes, Comcast is quite aware of that.  The Community forums are "staffed" by Lithium employees, while the Help Forums have Comcast employees and the "experts".

Gold Problem Solver

Those who have their names in RED here in the help forum are Comcast employees. Some of them work from corporate headquarters in Philadelphia. Others work in Comcast centers in other cities. None of them are employed by Lithium, and never have been.

They have never been employed by Lithium. The ones who have their names in RED have access to customer accounts-this allows them to provide specific help to a customer. Lithium employees would not have access to Comcast customer accounts.

Those of us who are "experts" are not. So of course Comcast corporate doesn't know us. We are customers who volunteer our time to help others.

If Comcast decided to close this forum, we would complain loudly. Then we would move on. There are other places on the internet devoted to helping people with computer issues we can go to in order to keep helping others. Some of us already do help at other places.

Contributor

So we should just ignore that Social CRM & Community Solutions powered by Lithiuim that appears when you scroll over Lithium Brand Nation at the bottom of the screen?

I just find it curious that people who come to complain here don't want others from another forum complaining here and somehow feel this is different.

Don't take this wrong Queen-Evie but I thought you became an expert from the number of postsand not that you volunteer. Am I wrong on that?

All said and done it doesn't really bother me. I just don't like the way Comcast handled it and FIOS just became available in my area. Don't think I will be here that long anyway.

@Queen-Evie wrote:

Those who have their names in RED here in the help forum are Comcast employees. Some of them work from corporate headquarters in Philadelphia. Others work in Comcast centers in other cities. None of them are employed by Lithium, and never have been.

They have never been employed by Lithium. The ones who have their names in RED have access to customer accounts-this allows them to provide specific help to a customer. Lithium employees would not have access to Comcast customer accounts.

Those of us who are "experts" are not. So of course Comcast corporate doesn't know us. We are customers who volunteer our time to help others.

If Comcast decided to close this forum, we would complain loudly. Then we would move on. There are other places on the internet devoted to helping people with computer issues we can go to in order to keep helping others. Some of us already do help at other places.

Gold Problem Solver

@tonykftl wrote:

So we should just ignore that Social CRM & Community Solutions powered by Lithiuim that appears when you scroll over Lithium Brand Nation at the bottom of the screen?

Don't take this wrong Queen-Evie but I thought you became an expert from the number of postsand not that you volunteer. Am I wrong on that?

All said and done it doesn't really bother me. I just don't like the way Comcast handled it and FIOS just became available in my area. Don't think I will be here that long anyway.

Yes, you should ignore it. All that means is that Comcast contracts with Lithium-an independent company- to create the forum using the Lithium model. Other companies  also use Lithium for their forums. Lithium does not administrate the HELP forums. They (Lithium) did, however, administrate the now-closed Community forums.

A company can choose from many different forum host providers. If you look at various forum all will say which company provides the software for that forum. Just because it has a certain company name does not mean that software provider actually runs the forum that uses it.

This is the same concept which businesses apply to many things. A restaurant may contract with Coca-Cola and serve only Coca-Cola products. Coca-Cola only provides the product to the restaurant. They don't run/manage the restaurant.

I don't take your comment any way at all. There is more to expert status than the number of posts.

And I do agree that Comcast did not handle the closing of the Community forum well.

It is your decision whether or not to switch to FIOS. Maybe you have been wanting switch but didn't because if you did you would lose access to the Community forums.

Since someone from the Community forums started a board at a different place you can post there no matter who your internet provider is. Plus, you no longer have to put up with the sometimes heavy-handed, power mad, unfair Community forum moderators.

If FIOS is in your neighborhood and you can get a better deal/price from them, go for it. These days we all need to save wherever we can.

Bronze Problem Solver

@tonykftl wrote:

The exact same thing can happen to you. I wonder if you will react the same way and say absolutely nothing about them shutting down these forums?

Just to chime in, the same thing did, in fact, happen to us.  Your Community forum originated here, and was split off over our vehement objections.  Like the closing of the Community forums, it was also not handled well.  It was made pretty clear that some of us, at least, were not welcomed "over there", and the at least one of the new moderators of the new forum came to our Community forum to insult us.

I think that your complaints are valid in this thread, given that you've been redirected here, and that in general, most of us support you (the global you, not you personally) doing so. 

Contributor

@dolphindi wrote:

Comcast was taken over by a republican (right wing) group. Why does this surpise you.

That explains everything!

Smiley Wink

Contributor

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Politics has nothing to do with it.  Their email responses have always been answered by "robots" that never have anything to do with the inquiry.  Nothing new.

Isn't that pretty much what dolphindi said?

Gold Problem Solver

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:
Just to chime in, the same thing did, in fact, happen to us.  Your Community forum originated here, and was split off over our vehement objections.  Like the closing of the Community forums, it was also not handled well.  It was made pretty clear that some of us, at least, were not welcomed "over there", and the at least one of the new moderators of the new forum came to our Community forum to insult us.

I think that your complaints are valid in this thread, given that you've been redirected here, and that in general, most of us support you (the global you, not you personally) doing so. 

I do remember that.

Regular Visitor

Re: Community Forum closed December 16th - discuss here

Thank God, its about freaking time someone shut down that freak circus!

BTW if anyone wishes to further lament or to eulogize the "FORUMS" welcome demise, feel free to drop the Comcast VP of Customer Relations at this email address and let him know that you will drop your service with Comcast henceforth:

Rick Germano http://blog.comcast.com/contact_author.html?mailTo=Rick%20Germano

Contributor

@fritzthatsit wrote:

BTW if anyone wishes to further lament or to eulogize the "FORUMS" welcome demise, feel free to drop the Comcast VP of Customer Relations at this email address and let him know that you will drop your service with Comcast henceforth:

It wasn't a freak circus to me. It was a community of people sharing ideas and dialogue. Sure, a few folks behaved like freaks in a circus...just like any community in real everyday life. The vast majority of the Forums users did not let the freaks get them down, or ruin the experience....just like any community in real everyday life. Thanks for the link to Rick Germano. I sent him an email, and now I am awaiting my robotic response containing absolutely no substance or concern whatsoever, but I had to try....

Contributor

Your kidding with this?

Sound a lot like over here from the posts I've seen here.

@fritzthatsit wrote:

Silver Problem Solver

@tonykftl wrote:

Your kidding with this?

Sound a lot like over here from the posts I've seen here.

.... (deleted obnoxious post that can be read above)

Did you notice that the post was by someone who had made ONLY that post? Trolling for comments. Trying to be disruptive. 

Just as in the community forum, there will be troublemakers here in the help forum. But overall, both are good communities with friendly people. Comcast didn't/doesn't recognize that.

Regular Visitor

To a certain degree it saddens me that this is transpiring as we type. I've been a member of the community for a prolonged period. And I have come to be befriended by a great bunch of people. To those whom I consider to be "Friends" I will miss you. Generally if there is enough of a public outcry, sometimes these decisions can be overruled. But I'm sure in this case it won't. So with that said it is with a heavy heart that these will probably be my final words in this setting. To those of whom I have had the pleasure of corresponding with over the years. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and that they be successful in nature for all of you. Enjoy the rest of your holidays, and God's speed to all.  

Contributor

@GLDDET wrote:

To a certain degree it saddens me that this is transpiring as we type. I've been a member of the community for a prolonged period. And I have come to be befriended by a great bunch of people. To those whom I consider to be "Friends" I will miss you. Generally if there is enough of a public outcry, sometimes these decisions can be overruled. But I'm sure in this case it won't. So with that said it is with a heavy heart that these will probably be my final words in this setting. To those of whom I have had the pleasure of corresponding with over the years. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and that they be successful in nature for all of you. Enjoy the rest of your holidays, and God's speed to all.  

My sentiments exactly.

I'm sure they will never use it, but I have a new sales motto for Comcast: "Pay more, receive less".

Regular Visitor

Forum Posting Guidelines(clickable link) which EVERYONE should read BEFORE making his/her first post.

o be honest with you this shouldn't be debated on any level, and that's my OPINION. The individual that you are going back and forth with this has changed their user name many times. But their venomous brand of commentary always seems to expose them in the long run. Let me tell you from EXPERIENCE, even if you AGREE with them 100% they will STILL find a way to alienate your views from theirs. Truth be told who ever had the authority to make this move, made it and that I'm sorry to say we will have to live with for now. I'm sure the future will have when more consideration is given to the matter that an amiable change for all can be reached. But in the meantime until the powers that be can be convinced otherwise that the current decision is or was a bad one, it must be accepted by us all. So for now we as subscribers can voice our opinions, and try and suggest some other avenues of thought on the decision.