Community Forum

Community Forum closed December 16th - discuss here

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums will close in the middle of December.

@Lil_SisToo wrote:

@1stbullrun wrote:

This place is really lively and fun. Is this the new city hall?

1stbull...it's your tinkerbolt buddy.  The Help Forum is a place for Comcast customers to get assistance with issues from everyday customers like us that know how to help with e-mail, connection, etc issues.  Unfortunately, this thread will be the only posting tool for those customers who wish to share their grief on the closing of the Community Forums.  Myself, (as Lil_Sis), went through this a few years ago when community postings were eliminated in this Help Forum and moved to the new Community forums.  I highly doubt that the Help Forum will instigate a community within the walls here again.  Not sure if you were joking in your post or not??  LOL! Smiley Happy

Cousin ITT!!!!!  LTNS! 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@Again wrote:

@Lil_SisToo wrote:

@1stbullrun wrote:

1stbull...it's your tinkerbolt buddy.  The Help Forum is a place for Comcast customers to get assistance with issues from everyday customers like us that know how to help with e-mail, connection, etc issues.  Unfortunately, this thread will be the only posting tool for those customers who wish to share their grief on the closing of the Community Forums.  Myself, (as Lil_Sis), went through this a few years ago when community postings were eliminated in this Help Forum and moved to the new Community forums.  I highly doubt that the Help Forum will instigate a community within the walls here again.  Not sure if you were joking in your post or not??  LOL! Smiley Happy

Cousin ITT!!!!!  LTNS! 

Hey Gomez!    Thought I'd stop by since my e-mail has been flooded with comments from this particular thread.  Really a shame that Lithium did not renew with Comcast or vice-versa, and all the great people who enjoyed the Community Forums got a rotten egg in their Xmas stocking.  You and I both know what it's like after the same thing was given to us by Comcast in the Help/Community about 6 years ago.  Glad to see you still here helping customers with their connections issues!

Frequent Visitor

Red, I had prolly the last post on the last 10 threads when I left and I went into music nfl & Sw posting. I may have had the final overall.  How did you get in anyway?  
@RedMomma5 wrote:

I can't get in to the forums to post but I have figured out how to get in and read.  Ha ha!  Prolly won't last either.Smiley Sad  Anyway, 1st bull you are the winner of the "Excuse Me I just wanted to Say" thread for the last word and Irish got the last word in on pumpkin's "Where is Red" thread.

I feel cheated because I got booted earlier than you two (2:17 my time and 3:17 EST).  I think there were some shenanigans going on there...lol

I dropped in over at the new CS briefly after the blitz.  I am still not registered there but can read and I saw that Tycho stopped in.  How sweet.  Thanks again, Tycho, for making me Rhodium before the end.  I ended up 929 posts short of where I "officially" should have been but I still feel like I earned it...Woman Happy

I'm really unhappy with Comcast as well.  We are such good people.  Why don't they love us enough to let us have this place?

Maybe we should make the "Help Forum" our new home....ahahahahahaha!  Okay, just kidding about that one.

Here is a photo of me at the end....so you know it's me you're talkin' to.

Rhodium Contributor
RedMomma5

See ya 'round the net n' such, my friends....xxxxoooo!!!!  ((((((((hugs)))))))))

@1stbullrun wrote:

Expert

@Lil_SisToo wrote:

@Again wrote:

@Lil_SisToo wrote:

@1stbullrun wrote:

Cousin ITT!!!!!  LTNS! 

Hey Gomez!    Thought I'd stop by since my e-mail has been flooded with comments from this particular thread.  Really a shame that Lithium did not renew with Comcast or vice-versa, and all the great people who enjoyed the Community Forums got a rotten egg in their Xmas stocking.  You and I both know what it's like after the same thing was given to us by Comcast in the Help/Community about 6 years ago.  Glad to see you still here helping customers with their connections issues!

You're right about that rotten egg deal!  But, at least those good folks have a nice shiny new community to re-landscape and decorate.  I bet it will be cozy home in no time!

Hey, what a "storm" we provided back then!    Didn't do us much good, either.  Smiley Sad

Send warm weather.  Socks need darning and the fire needs more wood.  Time to go feed the cattle and get the horses in the barn for the night.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

Some of the folks from the Community Forum have created a new place to talk.

You can register for free at:

http://coffeeshop.forumotion.com

There are over 200 members there. As much as you'll miss the Comcast-sponsored forum, that new place looks pretty good. Comcast is not affiliated with it.

As others have noted, this is a HELP forum and not a conversation forum.

Frequent Visitor

It's an internet secret...lol  If I divulge it, they may be able to remove my ability to get in.  If you want to know, I'll send an email to you about how I did it.  I can't post though, only read.  My hubby just got home and I need to go but I'm sure I will be seeing you sometime soon unless you go into hiding.

Take care sweet thing.  Love ya!Woman Happy

@1stbullrun wrote:
Red, I had prolly the last post on the last 10 threads when I left and I went into music nfl & Sw posting. I may have had the final overall.  How did you get in anyway?  
Frequent Visitor

@Again wrote:

@1stbullrun wrote:

@lindajoyt wrote:

Since PROFITS is all they are concerned with it's no wonder...Customer Service has become obsolete..It's time to now let Comcast become obsolete as well....As you point out, then they will be scurring to try and bring back the base they so effortlessly threw away...And it will be too late...Such is the end my friend..Not only for Forums but Comcast as well...

I am surprised there are no big ads on this page. Wake up comcast, you are loosing money. Right!

These are support forums, not social forums. Everyone apparently has been redirected to this thread so that latecomers could find out the Community forums were closed and if they wanted to still continue to interact where they are supposed to go. 

I completely understand the anger and frustration over the closing of the Community Forums and that people want to vent their anger at Comcast.  This - the Help Forums - is not the place to do that.  This is primarily a customer-to-customer forum, and those of us that are "experts" are NOT employeed by Comcast; we are customers that freely give our time to help other customers.  Yes, there is an administrator and a few Comcast Employees, but their role is to help with problems that we are not able to solve on a customer-to-customer level.

At some point this thread will be locked.  In the meantime, if you post here, as with the Community Forums, guidelines need to be followed, and you have agreed to them if you post.  So, if you have to be ugly in your comments, or abusive to anyone here that has no control over what happened to the Community Forums, please take it to the new Coffee Shop where there are no Comcast mods or admins to ban or remove your posts.

I did not get ugly with you so don't accuse me of it. I am discussing the topic so please refrain from responding to me or you are the one who is not following good etiquette. You attacked me not the other way.

Frequent Visitor

@Lil_SisToo wrote:

@1stbullrun wrote:

Yes Tink it was sort of a response that all roads lead to rome. This is where the forums redirected me and this is where I will post. It is not my burden because they do not like the feedback. This thread concerns the forums closing and I am on topic. I have not attacked anyone and just left my opinion.

Silver Problem Solver

The vast majority of us here are customers helping other customers. Helping, not discussing.

Please take the discussion about Comcast's decision to close the community forum to the new discussion forum where you will find your friends at 

This is a HELP forum and not a conversation forum.

Frequent Visitor

We know that Beth but this thread is not really a "help" thread either.  It is about the forum closing.  I am sure that there shouldn't be a problem with people posting their feelings here for awhile.  If the Admin doesn't want that, then he will more than likely lock this thread and prevent any further posts from being made.  I don't intend to keep coming back here to post but since this is where we were directed after the shut down, it is only natural that some people might have a little bit left that they wish to say.  Anyone with a little compassion would realize that and just let people say what they need to as long as it is within the guidelines.

Have a nice night.

@BethKatz wrote:

Some of the folks from the Community Forum have created a new place to talk.

You can register for free at:

There are over 200 members there. As much as you'll miss the Comcast-sponsored forum, that new place looks pretty good. Comcast is not affiliated with it.

As others have noted, this is a HELP forum and not a conversation forum.

Frequent Visitor

Send me.
@RedMomma5 wrote:

It's an internet secret...lol  If I divulge it, they may be able to remove my ability to get in.  If you want to know, I'll send an email to you about how I did it.  I can't post though, only read.  My hubby just got home and I need to go but I'm sure I will be seeing you sometime soon unless you go into hiding.

@1stbullrun wrote:

Frequent Visitor

We ask all members to discuss issues and disagree with other posters without resorting to or responding with insults, whether they are blatantly offensive or subtle and indirect.  Responding to an insult with an insult makes a poster as guilty of flaming as the original poster. Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting. These types of posts are not allowed and can result in the immediate revocation of one’s forum posting privileges.

===

Good reading.

Frequent Visitor

Done, 1stbullrun.  Email is sent and on it's way.

Later Gator.Woman Happy

@1stbullrun wrote:
Send me.
@RedMomma5 wrote:

@1stbullrun wrote:

New Poster

Always enjoyed reading your posts tat-G_S.  Will miss your frankness, kindness (depending on who you are responding to), sincerity, and humor.

Have a Merry Christmas and hope you have a great 2012.

RV

LaHarris wrote:

Well, this is the last Comcast will be seeing of me.

All of you Comcast workers here can blame whoever you want but it still falls back on Comcast and you should be ashamed of yourselves for working for such a bad company.

I have never dealt with such a poor customer service oriented company whether it be with the community forums or with other issues related to cable, phone, and internet.

When you changed it to this Infinity nonsense, it got even worse.

I had even come here to complain about something comcast related but not non-forum related and my posts were deleted by that ComcastEric person.

Over the past two years I know many people who are disgusted with comcast and this is the final nail in the coffin.

High prices, crappy security and cable going down were bad enough, but getting rid of the forums is the end for me.

The prices have raised and the quality went down.

And comcast people will pretend to help you, but they just shuffle you around because they don't care about their customers.

Any of you comcast flunkies who have expressed ridicule at us who are disaappointed in our forums closing will hopefully be replaced by people who actually value their jobs and customers.

That is the only thing that will bail comcast out.

There are new opportuinites for getting internet all of the time now, so you guys are no longer the only game in town.

You snooze, you lose and you guys have lost much!

I was both Tat and ghost_ship on the forums.

Expert

bullrun, I wasn't "attacking" you or anyone and I am sorry if you took it that way.

There have been some ugly, name calling posts that have been removed most specifically for attacking other members.  That is not you.  I only quoted your post to make others aware, not to attack you.

FWIW, when we had the Community Help Forum here and it was decided to close it in favor of the "new" and improved Community Forums, I was the most vocal of the regulars here.  I fought tooth and nail to keep our one forum community, and Wonder_Woman and Patriot were the targets of my scathing fingers.  [Where do you think Brian got his fireproof suit broken in?]  I was passionate in my pleas and not so very kind in my remarks to either of them, so I know exactly how it feels to have a community yanked out from underneath you with little warning.  When the announcement was made here about the Community Forums, I was the one that challenged the reason it was posted here and not there, and complained loudly that it wasn't right, and when a "promised announcement" was not made, quite a few of us complained.  I was also the person [NightHawk] that explained in the Coffee Shop that the "rumor" was true. [I was also your silent volunteer, non-Comcast/Lithium employee liason between the two forums.]  None of us know the reason why this happened, but we aren't happy about it, either.

So, I am not picking on you or attacking you personally, bullrun.  Lil_Sis will tell you I am the last person that would do that.  She knows from experience.  As I mentioned earlier, though, this is a temporary re-direction thread left open for everyone from CS to land so they know where everyone has gone in case they want to join.  There is no reason for anyone stopping here to be ugly, defensive or abusive.  Believe me, we DO understand.

Neither Comcast nor Lithium endorses the new forum, but we will definitely help anyone from the Community forums find their way.

Frequent Visitor

Can I ask a question without getting jumped on....our community forums are gone...fine thats what comcast wants , nothing we could do...but why, here goes..is there a Latino forum ?? Theres no Italian, French  etc forum ??? Can see so many HAVE to come to Comcast dating , really ??? Like theres not an e-harmony ad everywhere on Comcast, but subscribers of Comcast arent allowed a forum regardless of race ???  Am I wrong ???

Silver Problem Solver

Is there really a Latino *forum*? There is a Latino menu item, but it shows Spanish programming information. I don't see a forum there. And I translated the page to English and looked around.

In any case, this is a customer-to-customer help forum. The person you should ask is Comcast corporate:

https://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/contactus/ContactUs.html

Frequent Visitor

Cursory look at all these pages leaves me a bit puzzled... The first page seemed to be Comcast " help" representatives having conversations with one another as though people who posted on the community forums would never read... Or , someone has no understanding of customer service and could care less who read it. I'm not a whiner. It's very bad form to represent Comcast and put in print you hope "they" don't come whining here. Just an observation. If Comcast does monitor this, as stated, then my biggest concern is why not have the decency to post on those community forums ... A message that announced the close in a way that was respectful to the loyal customers who enjoyed them? Explain why this decision was made. It's really bad customer service....and towards people who used and appreciated the community. I worked for Comcast for 12 years in marketing and production management..Communications companies should communicate better, even if they are the largest. Seems the numbers weren't big enough to matter? Just my two cents.
Contributor

Maybe we should just turn it into the new City Hall....

1stbullrun wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Red, I went poof at 3:17, so you and I had the same experience.  I could not get back in in any form...over at forumotion, several people will still posting on the CS as late as 4:15 EST...including some who had been kicked out, then were able to get back in. 

Gold Problem Solver

@Peechee2 wrote:
 It's very bad form to represent Comcast and put in print you hope "they" don't come whining here.

I am the one who made that remark. On Nov. 28th, I posted this, which you may have over-looked while reading this thread.

@Queen-Evie wrote:

To all from the Community forum who read this:

I owe all of you an apology for my whiners and complainers remark. At the time I made it, the day before Thanksgiving, I was not in a very good mood. I woke up that morning thinking about my mother and her sister-who both passed away in Nov. 2010-and 2 other much-loved relatives who passed away in July and August of this year. I was very emotional and overwhelmed with what I was feeling. That is no excuse though, as there is never a good reason for rudeness.

So from me to you, I do apologize.

I do know how you are feeling about the closure of the Community forums. I felt the same way when Comcast shut down the Community forum that was a part of this Help and Support forum. I was very vocal in my criticism of Comcast for taking it away from us. We also had a very tight-knit group which posted there. We felt a sense of loss when it was shut down.

Unfortunately, Comcast will probably never reveal the reasoning behind the closure of your Community forum. 

I also feel that there was no respect shown to those who posted there. The announcement was made here first, and several days went by with nothing being announced "over there". Once it was, there was-as far as I could tell-no follow-up by the admins and moderators. They left you hanging, which is appalling to me.

Contributor

@1stbullrun wrote:

We ask all members to discuss issues and disagree with other posters without resorting to or responding with insults, whether they are blatantly offensive or subtle and indirect.  Responding to an insult with an insult makes a poster as guilty of flaming as the original poster. Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting. These types of posts are not allowed and can result in the immediate revocation of one’s forum posting privileges.

===

Good reading.

looks like we've already lost our posting privilidges; for a help thread, this thing is no help at all

Contributor

RV and GhostShip: While I have both of you here, I'd like to tell you I have always enjoyed reading your posts and I have learned a lot from you guys! I hope to see you on the other forums (critterz and forumotion). Happy Holidays! (Pablo on City Hall) 

RetiredVet wrote:

Always enjoyed reading your posts tat-G_S.  Will miss your frankness, kindness (depending on who you are responding to), sincerity, and humor.

Have a Merry Christmas and hope you have a great 2012.

RV

LaHarris wrote:

Well, this is the last Comcast will be seeing of me.

All of you Comcast workers here can blame whoever you want but it still falls back on Comcast and you should be ashamed of yourselves for working for such a bad company.

I have never dealt with such a poor customer service oriented company whether it be with the community forums or with other issues related to cable, phone, and internet.

When you changed it to this Infinity nonsense, it got even worse.

I had even come here to complain about something comcast related but not non-forum related and my posts were deleted by that ComcastEric person.

Over the past two years I know many people who are disgusted with comcast and this is the final nail in the coffin.

High prices, crappy security and cable going down were bad enough, but getting rid of the forums is the end for me.

The prices have raised and the quality went down.

And comcast people will pretend to help you, but they just shuffle you around because they don't care about their customers.

Any of you comcast flunkies who have expressed ridicule at us who are disaappointed in our forums closing will hopefully be replaced by people who actually value their jobs and customers.

That is the only thing that will bail comcast out.

There are new opportuinites for getting internet all of the time now, so you guys are no longer the only game in town.

You snooze, you lose and you guys have lost much!

I was both Tat and ghost_ship on the forums.

Gold Problem Solver

This is more of a venting thread. Not much, if anything, in it asking for help.

As stated previously, as long as the posting guidelines are followed you will not lose posting privilges.

Making one post that does not adhere to the guidelines usually will not get you banned. The post will be removed. (if the post is really over-the-top bad the admin may decide to go ahead and ban)

If a poster continues the behavior he/she will be banned.

Normally this type of thread isn't even allowed here in the Help and Support forum. But the powers-that-be recognize you need a place to vent and gripe so for now they have allowed it to remain open.

Frequent Visitor

@Queen-Evie wrote:

This is more of a venting thread. Not much, if anything, in it asking for help.

As stated previously, as long as the posting guidelines are followed you will not lose posting privilges.

Making one post that does not adhere to the guidelines usually will not get you banned. The post will be removed. (if the post is really over-the-top bad the admin may decide to go ahead and ban)

If a poster continues the behavior he/she will be banned.

Normally this type of thread isn't even allowed here in the Help and Support forum. But the powers-that-be recognize you need a place to vent and gripe so for now they have allowed it to remain open.

How very decent of them!!!!! (sarcasm intended)--------

Now, what would have been REALLY nice would be if they had shown any indication of concern/caring by:

1) Giving us the real reason for closing our forums

2) Giving us a chance to try and change their mind BEFORE finalizing the decision

3) Informing us in the place where we all were reading (i.e., the actual community forums, where we could find the announcement

----and last, since the decision was already made without our input, giving us a rate decrease to compensate taking away part of the service we bought and paid for.

None of that is gonna happen, and while we realize they are not listening, 'venting' and 'griping' is the least of what they owe us.  My feeling about Comcast and what they have done is not gonna go away.

BUT------if we are supposed to be asking for help here------------

"Please, Comcast, help us by giving us back our forums."      

Regular Visitor

Just notice that jvsun is gone and my "temporary" user name of jvsunman is  bacl. Patriot got back my original user name, and am still grateful to him.  Good bye CSers, hope to see you elseware online Woman Very HappySmiley Happy  PS just noticed that there are more smilies here than at the CS! lol

Silver Problem Solver

We will keep posting the link to help you find your friends who have started another forum after Comcast announced the closing of the community forum. We're trying to be helpful. 

You will find your community forum friends at 

Comcast has no control over that forum. Last I looked, there were over 200 people there.

New Poster

I get the feeling the "Help" inhabitants are annoyed by this flux of displaced comcast forum immigrants. Cool your jets "helpers". This is one thread...ONE THREAD...in a day or two us displaced people will shuffle off and you will have your place back.

Go help some people on other threads in the meantime instead of continuing to clear your threat because we say hi to a few people we recognize walking by.

This isn't an attempt to "occupy this forum".

Regular Visitor

@RedMomma5 wrote:

I can't get in to the forums to post but I have figured out how to get in and read.  Ha ha!  Prolly won't last either.Smiley Sad  Anyway, 1st bull you are the winner of the "Excuse Me I just wanted to Say" thread for the last word and Irish got the last word in on pumpkin's "Where is Red" thread.

I feel cheated because I got booted earlier than you two (2:17 my time and 3:17 EST).  I think there were some shenanigans going on there...lol

I dropped in over at the new CS briefly after the blitz.  I am still not registered there but can read and I saw that Tycho stopped in.  How sweet.  Thanks again, Tycho, for making me Rhodium before the end.  I ended up 929 posts short of where I "officially" should have been but I still feel like I earned it...Woman Happy

I'm really unhappy with Comcast as well.  We are such good people.  Why don't they love us enough to let us have this place?

Maybe we should make the "Help Forum" our new home....ahahahahahaha!  Okay, just kidding about that one.

Here is a photo of me at the end....so you know it's me you're talkin' to.

Rhodium Contributor

See ya 'round the net n' such, my friends....xxxxoooo!!!!  ((((((((hugs)))))))))

@1stbullrun wrote:

Are you still able to read in there? Not sure why I couldn't get in here under my original screen name.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums closed December 16th

I'm not anxious to have you leave. I'm hopeful you will find your friends. 

Experience has shown that people skim long threads and miss information. Especially since people can read this forum without signing in, I want to give them plenty of opportunity to find the new location:

These are two separate forums. I needed to create a new account when I visited the community forum. And hanging out here does you no good. The people who make decisions at Comcast aren't here. They don't listen to suggestions posted in this forum. They haven't offered any explanations for the community forum closing. I wouldn't be surprised if they closed this one. I was as surprised as you that someone from Comcast announced the closing here and no one posted in the community forum about it. I said it forcefully to Comcast corporate at:

https://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/contactus/ContactUs.html 

I hope your new community forum becomes a great place to hang out. But while people straggle over here, I'll continue to point them to 

Gold Problem Solver

@BurdenofProof wrote:

I get the feeling the "Help" inhabitants are annoyed by this flux of displaced comcast forum immigrants. Cool your jets "helpers". This is one thread...ONE THREAD...in a day or two us displaced people will shuffle off and you will have your place back.

Go help some people on other threads in the meantime instead of continuing to clear your threat because we say hi to a few people we recognize walking by.

I am not annoyed at y'all. If you want to use this thread to say hi to folks, then keep doing so.

Frequent Visitor

@LaHarris wrote:

Somebody tagged this with "bye bye crybaby"

Hello???

Any adults left at Comcast?

@LaHarris wrote:

I just loved how someone tagged my post with a "boo hoo"

Are there any ADULTS here?

Apparently not Tatt. Apparently not. I learned a long time ago that comcast doesnt care about its customers.

Frequent Visitor

Me too.

@1stbullrun wrote:
Send me.
@RedMomma5 wrote:

@1stbullrun wrote:

Frequent Visitor

@Queen-Evie wrote:

@Peechee2 wrote:
 It's very bad form to represent Comcast and put in print you hope "they" don't come whining here.

I am the one who made that remark. On Nov. 28th, I posted this, which you may have over-looked while reading this thread.

@Queen-Evie wrote:

To all from the Community forum who read this:

I owe all of you an apology for my whiners and complainers remark. At the time I made it, the day before Thanksgiving, I was not in a very good mood. I woke up that morning thinking about my mother and her sister-who both passed away in Nov. 2010-and 2 other much-loved relatives who passed away in July and August of this year. I was very emotional and overwhelmed with what I was feeling. That is no excuse though, as there is never a good reason for rudeness.

So from me to you, I do apologize.

I do know how you are feeling about the closure of the Community forums. I felt the same way when Comcast shut down the Community forum that was a part of this Help and Support forum. I was very vocal in my criticism of Comcast for taking it away from us. We also had a very tight-knit group which posted there. We felt a sense of loss when it was shut down.

Unfortunately, Comcast will probably never reveal the reasoning behind the closure of your Community forum. 

I also feel that there was no respect shown to those who posted there. The announcement was made here first, and several days went by with nothing being announced "over there". Once it was, there was-as far as I could tell-no follow-up by the admins and moderators. They left you hanging, which is appalling to me.

................................... Again, it was a cursory look, so appreciate you addressing it. No I didn't read the apology. Maybe they ( Lithium) didn't tell us as mods because there was an outside chance it might change? maybe Lithium didn't want to manage it anymore...again, if you don't know, we certainly don't. I do know that it has always been a COMCAST forum, then Xfinity/ Comcast. Lithium managed it as a third party. Comcast / Xfinity is the brand that answers to its customers. No one pays Lithium to have the Comcast / Xfinity cable and Internet service. I don't pay Lithium. I understand, the bigger a company gets, the less "small" issues like this seem inconsequential when people are ticked about bigger things...like: On Demand not working or a tech not showing up on time. Yet, this decision was personal to many who enjoyed these forums, hence, the extreme reaction. Having worked for Comcast, there were often big decisions that affected small groups of people which were basically just "business"... A lot of small groups affected to the negative, add up to a lot of very angry people. Yet...when you get really big and have less competition, I guess it doesn't matter. I don't miss answering to people upset at Comcast one bit....and I had nothing to do with the cable side.... Good luck to you.
Frequent Visitor

I would like to know why my posts are being deleted, I'm not using fool language, if you have something negative to add to what I am saying, keep it to yourself, I am asking someone that works for Comcast not you.

There's a couple members on here that believe they can tell us what to do, mind your own business, what am I saying, I know that isn't possible.

I keep receiving notices that the community forum is closing, ya think, that happened yesterday, I've received over 70 emails stating this, I received 3 more today, "WHY" Please "STOP" Sending them to me, Thank you, MERRY CHRISTMAS

Frequent Visitor

Just a last quick thought, if I may...since this is a help forum and not a conversation forum... Who flipped the switch to send people over here and you guys have to deal with the venting? I was immediately sent here for "help" ... Because I was logged in. Was it to be re directed? Was this simply the only forum left in the mix via the main page? I didn't look for you at all. Someone should have anticipated this. Hindsight I suppose. That in itself was a pretty crazy move if there was nothing you as "help " people could do to help manage the discontent. That's not very fair to you either, is it?
Frequent Visitor

@Queen-Evie wrote:

@BurdenofProof wrote:

I am not annoyed at y'all. If you want to use this thread to say hi to folks, then keep doing so.

Queen-Evie, do you work for Comcast? If not, why is it you think you can tell any of us what to do, go eat your snow cone & leave us alone, your certainly not helping what so ever, Thank you

Contributor

ONE...SIMPLE...QUESTION.....

If this is a "HELP" forum, then WHERE IS THE HELP?

New Poster

I just want to let you guys know that you just took away a line of communication that others had with people all around the nation... and just before the holiday season!

You should be ashamed of your heartless selves.

Frequent Visitor

Oh heck, one more thought.....why not. This situation of dealing with upset, reminds me of the decisions Comcast made when they got into the Internet business in the first place with @home...yeah...I'm that old.lol... We had to deal with moving into the Internet business and playing catchup to get technical problems fixed, hire "experts" that were being trained as Comcast marketed the service! ....and at that time, we didn't have the massive resources to fix techincal problems and address disgruntled customers. We lost a lot of subscribers, but it was all in the business plan. Losing some and gaining more through marketing was expected as change evolved. Comcast isn't in the community forum business. It was a value added option that cost them money to pay a third party to manage. And statistics show....no one participates in long form forums nor is there any money to be made. tweet and FB...that's where it's at. And it's free to them. It wasn't on their radar as being important unless they could make money off it. Just a guess.
Frequent Visitor

Did Lithium pay COMCAST to have a forum and manage it and sell the advertising? You know.... I never gave that a thought...until now. Maybe it would be helpful, if someone could at least do some research and let people know exactly why a community forum, with a variety of topics for Comcast subscribers to be a part of, went away with little explanation.... That would most certainly be HELPFUL... And probably to you as well if you need community forum people to leave this help forum. that's really all I need as a subscriber. I think a truely official explanation would be respectful and appropriate. Could you help with that or, find a person of authority who could and have them post on here? That's the least Xfinity! Comcast...whatever they wish to be called, could do. If they cancelled On Demand, I think they would at least explain why. The tweet and FB options are simply not the same....and if someone thought they were, perhaps they need to talk to thousands of people who used the forums and know the difference. Just explain and I will go silently into the night. Thanks for your help.
Problem Solver

All,

As we’ve seen more and more users migrating to newer social platforms like Facebook and Twitter over the past couple of years, we’ve also seen usage and participation in our Community Forums dramatically decline.  Because of that, we've made the decision to no longer support the community forums.

We appreciate your involvement in the XFINITY Community Forums and hope you continue to engage with us and other users as we move our conversations to forementioned social venues. You may follow us on Twitter and "Like" us on Facebook.

For issues with your XFINITY services, please select a category and start a post so that we may assist you.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for being a Comcast customer.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

OK ---  here's a legitimate problem I need someone to help with.

Since the first time I posted in this thread, I have been receiving e-mails each time someone else posts, with a link I can go to to get to the thread.  Don't want these e-mails but can't get them stopped.

At one time someone posted something here about going into My Settings/Preferences and unchecking something that was checked.

So----here is what I have checked in Preferences:

Time Zone (use default)----------checked.

Language (use default)--------checked.

View sigs in posts--------------checked.

Use the Rich Text Editor tab by default------checked.  (No idea what Rich Text is.)

The thing I thought would be the one, "Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in", is NOT checked.

So, whatever expert answers this-----------I DO NOT want to keep getting hundreds of e-mails showing me what others have posted since I first posted.    If I want to see them I know how to get there myself.  Either stop this or tell me how to do it, please.  

New Poster

That is the biggest cop out reasoning I have ever seen!

Truth is that Comcast found a new way to promote their advertisers... without actually having to pay for it.

...and that is all.

@ComcastKeisha wrote:

All,

As we’ve seen more and more users migrating to newer social platforms like Facebook and Twitter over the past couple of years, we’ve also seen usage and participation in our Community Forums dramatically decline.  Because of that, we've made the decision to no longer support the community forums.

We appreciate your involvement in the XFINITY Community Forums and hope you continue to engage with us and other users as we move our conversations to forementioned social venues. You may follow us on Twitter and "Like" us on Facebook.

For issues with your XFINITY services, please select a category and start a post so that we may assist you.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastKeisha wrote:

All,

So, it was about head count and not being able to sell banners and ads to advertisers...Who didn't get a lot of hits from forum users who became accustomed to not linking to the ads. We became a boutique forum with the same people logged in consistantly. Maybe if Comcast had marketed the community and made it grow as a unique feature of the Xfinity page, it would have not become stagnant? Wasn't in the plan. Maybe it would have been an idea? But..... forums are just so 2007, I guess.
Expert

@maybenot wrote:

Since the first time I posted in this thread, I have been receiving e-mails each time someone else posts, with a link I can go to to get to the thread.  Don't want these e-mails but can't get them stopped.

At one time someone posted something here about going into My Settings/Preferences and unchecking something that was checked.

Use the Rich Text Editor tab by default------checked.  (No idea what Rich Text is.)

The thing I thought would be the one, "Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in", is NOT checked.

So, whatever expert answers this-----------I DO NOT want to keep getting hundreds of e-mails showing me what others have posted since I first posted.    If I want to see them I know how to get there myself.  Either stop this or tell me how to do it, please.  

The default for the Help and Support is to automatically subscribe you to threads in which you post. To turn this off, click on 'My Settings' and the top left of the forum. Select 'Subscriptions and Bookmarks'. Remove the check mark from 'Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate'.  That will turn off the notification.

Frequent Visitor

@LoPhatPhuud wrote:

@maybenot wrote:

The default for the Help and Support is to automatically subscribe you to threads in which you post. To turn this off, click on 'My Settings' and the top left of the forum. Select 'Subscriptions and Bookmarks'. Remove the check mark from 'Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate'.  That will turn off the notification.

Thanks.  Never would have occurred to me to look there, since there is an identical option/listing under 'Preferences' and it was NOT checked.  Bit confusing, since I never subscribed to anything and don't use bookmarks, so I never go in there.   

Problem Solver

maybenot--

Please follow the steps provided by lophatphuud. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Expert

My post below refers to a global "you" and not anyone specific unless so named.

Unfortunately, we probably will never know or understand the why behind the closing of the Community Forums.  Those of us that are "experts" here voiced our opinions on how badly this was handled.  We were not even told that this thread would be a "landing" thread when you tried to go to the Community Forums.  We have no control over the situation.  It is what it is.  We wish it was different.  This thread has stayed open to help Community Members find their way to the new community that was opened by some who have become very giving of their time creating a new place for everyone to share, sans Comcast, sans Lithium.

I am sure some Comcast employees are reading your posts, but I am also pretty sure none will post in this thread unless it is to say that they're reading the posts and will pass the information along.  Short and sweet and not consoling at all.  [Except for Keisha, bearing her perfume spritzer and knitting needles, to make that post.]

We DO know how you all feel, but it is very unfair of you to attack or misdirect your anger on any of us.  We had no role in this other than making it clear to ComcastEric, et al, that the annoucement was handled extremely badly and posted in an inappropriate place.  Just because the forum has closed now doesn't mean you shouldn't continue the follow-up with the contact people GizziesMom and Redmomma5 had been in touch with.  Continue until you feel your voice has been loudly heard and you get the answers you deserve.  

Irish, I imagine your posts are being pulled because of the graphics.  This isn't the appropriate place for them.  [Although, on a side note, I have found some of them to be ridiculously funny.]

As for the question about all the email you might be receiving from this thread, here you're automatically subscribed to any thread you post in, so you need to turn that off.  At the top of the page, when you're signed in, click on My Settings and then on the Subscriptions and Bookmarks tab.  Uncheck the first box and save.  You should no longer receive each post by email. 

The New Coffee Shop where more than just coffee is served! 

FWIW to the CS immigrants, I will miss seeing your incredible graphics that you posted.  Some were quite awesome and others I just sat and stared at in amazement.  The holiday ones right now brightened up my gloomy days.  The CS community, as well as the other forums, became not just a stopping place in the dark cold confines of the internet, but a home with a fireplace, hot chocolate and good food in the winter and a summer retreat in the spring.  Your closeness went beyond a virtual "page" housed inside a computer.  A lot of you pulled your fingers away from the keyboard and took a chance to meet in real life and found something you would have never had if Comcast had not provided the springboard - new friends from all over the country.  Births, deaths, weddings, divorces, achievements, failures, illnesses and recoveries....all posted about to your friends in a neighborhood that became close knit, virbrant and vital.  For that, you all should be proud because that doesn't happen enough on the internet.  Don't let this achievement die.  Change is hard [believe me, I know all too well right now!] and we usually lash out at those that forced it upon us, but channel that anger into building something better.  Who knows, what you're now building may become the next HOT place to meet on the internet and you all could become famous and rich!  Powerhouse communities start with only a handful of people, so you never know.

Okay, the "wordie" guy is done now.  For a while at least.  Sometimes I think I just enjoy hearing the tapping of the keys because it lets me know I am still alive and still a person behind the anonymity of cyberspace.

Frequent Visitor

@maybenot wrote:

@LoPhatPhuud wrote:

@maybenot wrote:

Thanks.  Never would have occurred to me to look there, since there is an identical option/listing under 'Preferences' and it was NOT checked.  Bit confusing, since I never subscribed to anything and don't use bookmarks, so I never go in there.   

I was having the same problem, and went to Subscriptions and Bookmarks - the check on Auto. Subscribe Me was already blank.....but I noticed just above that was a link regarding e-mails.....there you can check off the subscriptions you are getting emails for, and delete them!  So there is one more step after the above.... That makes three places to unsubscribe....talk about frustration!