Community Forum

Community Forum closed December 16th - discuss here

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums will close in the middle of December.

Sorry Glddet, you have me confused with someone else. I have and always will be Bugged. I never had another alias on the comcast forums.

Tonykftl is actually me.  Smiley Wink

@GLDDET wrote:

To be honest with you this shouldn't be debated on any level, and that's my OPINION. The individual that you are going back and forth with this has changed their user name many times. But their venomous brand of commentary always seems to expose them in the long run. Let me tell you from EXPERIENCE, even if you AGREE with them 100% they will STILL find a way to alienate your views from theirs. Truth be told who ever had the authority to make this move, made it and that I'm sorry to say we will have to live with for now. I'm sure the future will have when more consideration is given to the matter that an amiable change for all can be reached. But in the meantime until the powers that be can be convinced otherwise that the current decision is or was a bad one, it must be accepted by us all. So for now we as subscribers can voice our opinions, and try and suggest some other avenues of thought on the decision. 

Regular Visitor

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums will close in the middle of December.

Sorry Glddet, you have me confused with someone else. I have and always will be Bugged. I never had another alias on the comcast forums.

Tonykftl is actually me.  :smileywink:

@GLDDET wrote:

To be honest with you this shouldn't be debated on any level, and that's my OPINION. The individual that you are going back and forth with this has changed their user name many times. But their venomous brand of commentary always seems to expose them in the long run. Let me tell you from EXPERIENCE, even if you AGREE with them 100% they will STILL find a way to alienate your views from theirs. Truth be told who ever had the authority to make this move, made it and that I'm sorry to say we will have to live with for now. I'm sure the future will have when more consideration is given to the matter that an amiable change for all can be reached. But in the meantime until the powers that be can be convinced otherwise that the current decision is or was a bad one, it must be accepted by us all. So for now we as subscribers can voice our opinions, and try and suggest some other avenues of thought on the decision. 

I will take you at your word, and I hope you will accept my apologies at this point and time.

Regular Visitor

Re: Community Forum closed December 16th - discuss here

Stop sending me these emials I don't want them.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Community Forum closed December 16th - discuss here

Rogenia, you will need to disable the notifications.

The default for the Help and Support is to automatically subscribe you to threads in which you post. To turn this off, click on 'My Settings' and the top left of the forum. Select 'Subscriptions and Bookmarks'. Remove the check mark from 'Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate'. Scroll down, click Save.

That will turn off the notification.

Now we need to remove current subscriptions
My Setttings -> Subscriptions and Bookmarks -> Email Subscriptions
once there use the Pull Down menu and:
Select Check All, Delete them and confirm
That will remove all current susbscriptions, which for most of you, will be this one thread.
Post back if you still have problems. The Help and Support forums are a work in progress and undiscovered features popup from time to time.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The old comcast forums?

Hey where did all the old forums go? Did they just kill that off or what?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: The old comcast forums?

If you're thinking of Comcast's Community forums (community.comcast.net), then yes, they did. See: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/Community-Forum-closed-December-16th-discuss-here/m....