Community Forum

Community Forum closed December 16th - discuss here

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums will close in the middle of December.

Is it merely a "coincidence" that Comcast:

• Placed it in the Help and Support Forum,  
  • Revealed it on the day before a Holiday
  • Did not update us on time; just before a long holiday weekend.

This is not directed at you, Eric; but at the decision makers at Comcast.

Expert

@jalus wrote:

Is it merely a "coincidence" that Comcast:

• Placed it in the Help and Support Forum,  
  • Revealed it on the day before a Holiday
  • Did not update us on time; just before a long holiday weekend.

This is not directed at you, Eric; but at the decision makers at Comcast.

This may be more a decision of Lithium than Comcast, but we won't know until another official post is made, and we might not even know then if little information is forthcoming.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Waiting and waiting for a response is getting frustrating and old.

Silver Problem Solver

Yet again, Comcast has made a mistake in handling its forums. Why announce this the day before Thanksgiving and only in the help forum?

I suggest complaining to the Customer Service feedback page that also has Rick Germano's office's email:

https://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/contactus/ContactUs.html

Despite what Eric said, Comcast does not actively monitor the help forum.

If you want attention, complain loudly on Twitter, and they will try to put out the fire. Maybe. It's worth creating an account there. Include #Comcast (that's called a hashtag and helps with searching) in your tweets.

I understand that many of you don't want to mess with Facebook. It isn't a chatty place to follow conversation threads. Neither is Twitter. Google+ has a similar problem. Those aren't the same sort of threaded discussion forums.  

However, I know that my local newspaper shut down its discussion forum for a while because they needed better moderation of inappropriate posts. After a public outcry, that forum returned.

Frequent Visitor

What a shame!   Many of us do not want to do Twitter or Facebook.   Can't see why Forums would be a problem as much as we all pay for Comcast internet service. 

Frequent Visitor

@eleanore1 wrote:

You may not know, or care. But some folks on the forums are handicapped. I'm a L. hemiplegic. At times, the forums are theonly social outlet we have. Cancel the and you can cancel my phone, cable and ISP. Both at home and at work.

And I know for a fact you aren't the only one who is handicapped.  I have a very good friend who is hearing impaired.  In groups she just looks at people and smiles. In the forums she can understand everything being said because she can read what is being said!  This has been a lifesaver for her!  Facebook is not the answer.  What a joke!  The only reason I have kept Comcast internet was for the forums.  We got rid of cable and phone service through Comcast because it was so expensive! We use Magic Jack for phone, and have just the bare minimum tv service.  But we kept the internet so that I could be on the forums.  Take away my forums and I will take away the rest of my service!

Frequent Visitor

Yes, juniejane, and that hearing-impaired person would be me. We also have kept Comcast because the forums are a social outlet for me.  We certainly could get more bang for our internet buck, but I have always told my husband that taking me out of the Coffee Shop is grounds for divorce.  And only half-jokingly.

As has been mentioned before, deep and lasting friendships have been formed on these forums.  I personally have met CSers from all around the country.  The regulars of the LOST forum met up in Pennsylvania a few years ago for a LOST weekend.  We have celebrated life events - new babies, children's marriages, graduations, and more - together, and mourned the loss of a couple of friends. 

I do use Facebook and there is a group of 70+ present and past CSers there. You can't sustain an ongoing chat on FB.  Three or four statuses from members fill the page, and you can't close that "link" to check on others.  It is especially nice to be in touch with those who have left Comcast, but it is not the Coffee Shop.

Add my name to the ranks who will most likely leave with the forums. But more importantly, Comcast is taking away a chunk of my social life with adults.  I can't talk on the phone, and my personal conversations have to be with one person at a time, as I must see their lips (even with hearing aids) to fully understand what they are saying. On the forum, I never miss a word. Smiley Sad

And don't even get me started on the lack of professionalism of allowing this to leak slowly without any confirmation over a long holiday weekend.

Regular Visitor

Just bundled and now i will have to unbundle......................tech was pleasant though.

New Poster

I think the Netflix analogy is a good one.  Sometimes the powers-that-be underestimate how much their customers will take. 

Like many others have noted, there are other alternatives available besides Comcast.  I have never considered switching - in a large part due to the Community Forums.

The alternatives, many of them cheaper, are now on the table. 

Regular Visitor

Another "whiner" posting here and can't add much more to RMomma's very astute points. Dissappointment is the key word for me, who has been a long time customer with Comcast, paid for by my hard earned dollars. Arrogance toward customers is another key word that springs to mind after reading the other posts from members of the "help" forum. Truly sad situation and service!
@RedMomma5 wrote:

This is the beginning of the "invasion" from the other forumI am so disappointed to read the comments made here by service professionals of ComcastDo you think that we as customers need to read derisive comments about us as well as having the forums closed down with no real notification from anyone?

We as paying customers of Comcast deserve your respect and I think an apology is due to us as wellI also think Comcast needs to rethink what they are doingIf they read the postings on the Community Forums, they will see that there are many upset customers who plan to leave Comcast for other providers since one of the things that held them as a customer was access to the Community Forums.

Expect more "whiners and complainers".  I hope you receive an onslaught of themWe are more than upset by what is happeningIt was indeed a true community and people deserve more than what they have gotten from Comcast after many years of loyal support and bill paying.

I am a first time poster to the Help Forums but I have been with the Community Forums for almost 4 years and have been a Customer of Comcast for many years prior to joining the forumsI am considering switching.

I have over 35,000 posts in the Community Forums and have spent much time on your siteWe want answersWe would like Comcast to reconsider this decisionWe deserve to be heardDo not swat us off like flies buzzing around your head.

This is your Thanksgiving gift to your customersWhat a kick in the teeth!Woman Mad

Regular Visitor

@RedMomma5 wrote:

This was where the notification was posted and nowhere else.  There doesn't seem to be any concern on the part of Comcast for the Community whatsoever.  This seems like a good place to let them know how we feel since the message was posted here.

As for the people who "help" customers and are not actually employees, I am sure they have offered assistance to those who need it; however, some of the comments in this thread are downright mean with regard to the people who post in the Community Forums and do not seem helpful whatsoever.  There is a bit of a "better than thou art" attitude permeating some of the comments and as customers from other areas do come here and read them it would seem that they should also be part of the forum guidelines and not insult others with their posts, especially since I do think that most people are unaware that they are not actual employees and especially in consideration of what is happening.  If they went through this before, then their attitude should certainly be one of kindness and NOT one of being condescending toward those "people from the other forums".

I know nothing about the previous change since I was not here at the time but that has nothing to do with the current feelings of people who post here and there are many MORE customers now I am sure than there were back then.  Their feelings have not been taken into consideration because they have NOT been given a place to let Comcast know what they think with regard to what is happening.

Even the moderators in the Community Forums appear to have been left in the dark.  The Help Forums are for customers to come when they have a problem and can't find the answer elsewhere.  Well, Huston, we have a problem and we would like to see someone address it.  Several members have tried telephoning Comcast about this and have gotten absolutely nowhere in the process.  They get standard meaningless answers that tell them nothing.

So, here we are, in the Help Forums looking for answers and "help".  Seems logical and oh so right to me.

@Lil_SisToo wrote:

As Naddie used to say, "EEEGADS AND LITTLE CAT FISHIES".   If she were still with us, she would be saying "Told You So!"  As a member of the previous Help and Community Forums from five years ago, we went through the same thing.  I see some very familiar user names here in this forum who are still offering help and support out of the goodness of their hearts.  I know you all would remember our Naddie.  Maybe even me...Lil_Sis.  Naddie said, before she passed in 2009 that the lithium forums would last as long as our "old" Help and Community forums.  She was right. 

I wonder if anyone in the current Community Forums realizes that all of those who "Help" in this forum are paying customers, just as they are and not employees of Comcast.  (Except for admins and mods).  I also wonder if any of them know that if it were not for some of the people who help in this forum, the Community Forums would not exist.  About eight years ago those of us who were a part of the Help Forums begged the Comcast powers that be, to give us a little spin off community from the Help Forum so we could discuss things other than help.  It was a huge success!  So much so, that Comcast shut us down and opened the huge lithium ran forums. 

For those of you from the current Community Forums we empathize with you, but please remember, it happened to us too.  This is a Help Forum...don't step onto these pages and complain to those who went through this long before you have.  Those who have helped here for so many years are paying customers, just like you are and are kind enough to spend a lot of time here helping others.  Take your complaints to the right people...those who work for Comcast and not those customers who volunteer their time here to help.

This was where the notification was posted and nowhere else.  There doesn't seem to be any concern on the part of Comcast for the Community whatsoever.  <---- snipped from RM5   and I seriously would like to know why !!?????????????

Regular Visitor

This is all a ploy to determine customer loyalty.  The irony is, is that comcast will evaluate this action and then suddenly alter its decision.  They will come out looking like they really care about their customers' wishes and we will all congratulate ourselves on showing them who's in control.  We are such lemmings.

Frequent Visitor

The people who maintain this forum may not be Comcast employees, but that does not mean they have the right to be so condescending.  Not sure if they have understood that THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY PLACE THE CLOSING WAS ANNOUNCED!!!  Where else do we go?  Comcast refers us to Lithium; Lithium has no information - not even a set date.  Tell us, who do we complain to?   Comcast doesn't care enough to let the Community know what is going on......they have their big corporate wall that they can bounce us off of and let others come across as stupid, unknowing peons.   If you guys here want to get any respect from us, you, as Comcast customers, would get behind us and try to get some answers!

Silver Problem Solver

Complain to Rick Germano's office:

Complain to the Customer Service folks who do Twitter: email we_can_help@comcast.com

The "experts" here are customers like you. We don't have any more details than you have.

Frequent Visitor

@BethKatz wrote:

Complain to the Customer Service folks who do Twitter: email we_can_help@comcast.com

The "experts" here are customers like you. We don't have any more details than you have.

Thank you Beth - a positive answer!  This was all we were asking for - someplace to contact.  Hopefully this gentleman has some authority and can answer questions!

Regular Visitor

@angie43 wrote:

@BethKatz wrote:

Thank you Beth - a positive answer!  This was all we were asking for - someplace to contact.  Hopefully this gentleman has some authority and can answer questions!

I have emailed him. It's my hope that I'll get answers, rather than the canned responses we've been receiving from other sources.

New Poster

ditto
@mamomlip wrote:

What a shame!   Many of us do not want to do Twitter or Facebook.   Can't see why Forums would be a problem as much as we all pay for Comcast internet service. 

Silver Problem Solver

New Home for Comcast Community Forum

For the record, it seems that some of the folks in the Community Forum have created a new place to talk in case Comcast really is eliminating the Community Forum. You can register at:

http://coffeeshop.forumotion.com

I'm including the link here so that people can find it if/when the Community Forum disappears.

Also, several of you have complained about the multitude of emails after you post in this thread. To help people who ask questions in the Help Forum, the default setting is to subscribe someone to a thread when they post in it.

You can change that by going to My Settings (near your user name and Sign Out at upper left), going to the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab, and then clicking on the Email Subscriptions link on the line below the tabs. Then you'll need to figure out what to do (I dont' have any subscriptions). Be sure to Save if you need to do so. Click on Options to change your settings.

Rick Germano's office will send you canned responses, but there really are people making those responses. That's also why I suggested the we_can_help email. I believe they keep track of how many people are complaining. They are the folks who manage the Twitter help. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: New Home for Comcast Community Forum

@BethKatz wrote:

Also, several of you have complained about the multitude of emails after you post in this thread. To help people who ask questions in the Help Forum, the default setting is to subscribe someone to a thread when they post in it.

You can change that by going to My Settings (near your user name and Sign Out at upper left), going to the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab, and then clicking on the Email Subscriptions link on the line below the tabs. Then you'll need to figure out what to do (I dont' have any subscriptions). Be sure to Save if you need to do so. Click on Options to change your settings.

Email subscriptions will only show subscribed to threads if you click Topic Options in a thread or Options in a post and choose Subscribe.

If you did not do that for this thread, then you will have to disable the default option which will subscribe you to EVERY thread you participate in.

My Settings/Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.

UNCHECK  subscriptions.PNG

Scroll down, click Save.

New Poster

as I speak we are looking for a new carrier, good-bye comcast

Regular Visitor

I have enjoyed using the forums and have just bundled my services.  Not sure if other servers..ie. Yahoo or the like have a forums section.

I hope to chat with some of you again.

New Poster

It is such a disappointment to hear that Comcast is shutting down such a valuable asset. It was the forums alone that have kept me a Comcast customer for the last 6 years. The relationships that I have developed through the forums were worth the extra investment to me to keep Comcast as my provider.

It's a shame that Comcast wouldn't consider the thousands of customers that use the forums as a big part of their lives. I'm afraid the backlash from angry customers will be substantial.

New Poster

Another executive decision.  THey could have asked their customers for their feedback..  To my friends on the forum I will miss you.  Good friends are hard to find.  I wish all of you the very best.  For the most part the forum has been a place to share stories and articles.  My friends, Drewby, olde spy, Redmomma, Peyote Phil, Sandy, Andgie45, and Ronc, any others I may have missed I will really miss you.  Peace be with you and may God bless you.

Frequent Visitor

I emailed Mr Germano....heres the response I got....am not happy with it either.....

Thank you for your feedback. We will review your sentiment with the appropriate leadership teams. We appreciate your involvement in the XFINITY Community Forums and hope you continue to engage with us and other users as we move our conversations to other social venues.

Expert

. We appreciate your involvement in the XFINITY Community Forums and hope you continue to engage with us and other users as we move our conversations to other social venues

In other words it's a done deal.  It's like trying to communicate  with a doorknob.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Just a tought..But with Comcasts most recent vote of the worst in the industry maybe they should re-consider closing a people service that many found to be a hi-lite of Comcast..I know dollar and cents speaks loudest and was weighed in the decision to close the Forums posting but it is nonetheless a poor business decision in the face of so many other competitors offering like service at a significantly less amount.

Silver Problem Solver

@Latoque wrote:

. We appreciate your involvement in the XFINITY Community Forums and hope you continue to engage with us and other users as we move our conversations to other social venues

In other words it's a done deal.  It's like trying to communicate  with a doorknob.

Curious. I got a phone call and a promise to investigate further because it was news to them. 

But, yes, I see the announcement (on Monday the 28th) in the Community Forum:

http://community.comcast.net/t5/The-Coffee-Shop-General/NOTICE-The-XFINITY-Community-Forums-will-clo...

Frequent Visitor

Its official , its closing....

Expert

I just looked at the Fb page for Xfinity from a link in that message, and it bears absolutely no rsemblance to a message board.  It's just ads and links that are already accessible from the regular Comcast/Xfinity website.  Plus all the usual Fb junk.

Gold Problem Solver

I just checked out Tunerfish, a social community where fans can share what they’re watching, post reviews and find recommendations.

Out of curiousity I set up an account at Tunerfish. In order to interact with people, you have to find people to follow. What I saw was unimpressive. How can Comcast possibly think this would be a good replacement for the Communiy forum?

I found this which explains WHY Comcast is hyping Tunerfish.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/24/tunerfish-jumps-out-of-the-water-at-tcdisrupt/

To all from the Community forum who read this:

I owe all of you an apology for my whiners and complainers remark. At the time I made it, the say before Thanksgiving, I was not in a very good mood. I woke up that morning thinking about my mother and her sister-who both passed away in Nov. 2010-and 2 other much-loved relatives who passed away in July and August of this year. I was very emotional and overwhelmed with what I was feeling. That is no excuse though, as there is never a good reason for rudeness.

So from me to you, I do apologize.

Expert

Rather limiting, I say.  Too bad.  Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

@Queen-Evie wrote:

I just checked out Tunerfish, a social community where fans can share what they’re watching, post reviews and find recommendations.

Out of curiousity I set up an account at Tunerfish. In order to interact with people, you have to find people to follow. What I saw was unimpressive. How can Comcast possibly think this would be a good replacement for the Communiy forum?

I owe all of you an apology for my whiners and complainers remark. At the time I made it, the say before Thanksgiving, I was not in a very good mood. I woke up that morning thinking about my mother and her sister-who both passed away in Nov. 2010-and 2 other much-loved relatives who passed away in July and August of this year. I was very emotional and overwhelmed with what I was feeling. That is no excuse though, as there is never a good reason for rudeness.

Thank you for that apology, Evie. I am sorry that you experienced such a loss so near the holidays. It always makes things more difficult. Every one has their bad days, and it is gracious of you to say you were wrong.

And I appreciate you checking Tunerfish...I do Facebook and I know we can't sustain any chat over there.  If twenty people respond to one status, it bumps everyone else off the page.  I will not twitter, and how can we really communicate back and forth with that?

I also received two notes from Germano's office - one a form letter (thank you! I understand! We have a Comcast Customer Guarantee!) and the other a one line from Bill saying he is going to check on that and get back to me.  Since the announcement is posted today, I guess nothing we say or do matters.

Problem Solver

QE, my sympathies for your losses..  I know how hard it is to deal with them around the holidays.

Thanks for that link to Tunerfish...  After almost falling asleep, and being totally bored out of my mind with the presentation by that McCrea person, I came to the conclusion that the only way I would use any sort of fish would be in the form of my version of TUNA FISH SALAD w/ Hellmann's Mayo, celery, onion, and some chopped jalapeño peppers..

I  have no intentions of ever doing any FB, Tweeter or any sort of social networking to "talk" about tv shows.. 

I also have no idea where comcast's head is in thinking the closing of the community forum is a "good idea"..

As Again said above, the community forum was promoted and started up way back in 2006 and at that time we had no recourse..  Same goes now... 

I can only say the manner in which comcast made it's announcement was not in the least intelligent, and then posting an announcement on all forums in Community, makes you wonder the age and mentality of the folks responsible...   Is it COMCAST or LITHIUM??? 

ciao, bj 

Expert

@BlueJay wrote:

I can only say the manner in which comcast made it's announcement was not in the least intelligent, and then posting an announcement on all forums in Community, makes you wonder the age and mentality of the folks responsible...   Is it COMCAST or LITHIUM??? 

ciao, bj 

I have to say it's both.  Some in here have said it was primarily the fault of Lithium, and maybe that is the case.  BUT-----Comcast hired them, and they didn't make even the slightest attempt to switch to another BB format like phpBB or vBulletin.  So I have to lay it on their doorstep too.

Frequent Visitor

@lostobsessed wrote:

@Queen-Evie wrote:

Thank you for that apology, Evie. I am sorry that you experienced such a loss so near the holidays. It always makes things more difficult. Every one has their bad days, and it is gracious of you to say you were wrong.

And I appreciate you checking Tunerfish...I do Facebook and I know we can't sustain any chat over there.  If twenty people respond to one status, it bumps everyone else off the page.  I will not twitter, and how can we really communicate back and forth with that?

I also received two notes from Germano's office - one a form letter (thank you! I understand! We have a Comcast Customer Guarantee!) and the other a one line from Bill saying he is going to check on that and get back to me.  Since the announcement is posted today, I guess nothing we say or do matters.

I thank you too, Evie, and am also sorry for your losses.  Lost is so right - how can Facebook take the place of the Community Forums?  Here we have threads with subjects, can post and return to them at any time.  Facebook just doesn't work that way - and forget Twitter....you can't have a meaningful conversation with people 140 characters at a time!  Management has no clue, unfortunately - but they are taking the chance that people will move on and won't hurt their bottom line.  There may not be enough of us to make a difference, but we will certainly not go down quietly!  Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

@BlueJay wrote:

QE, my sympathies for your losses..  I know how hard it is to deal with them around the holidays.

Thanks for that link to Tunerfish...  After almost falling asleep, and being totally bored out of my mind with the presentation by that McCrea person, I came to the conclusion that the only way I would use any sort of fish would be in the form of my version of TUNA FISH SALAD w/ Hellmann's Mayo, celery, onion, and some chopped jalapeño peppers..

I  have no intentions of ever doing any FB, Tweeter or any sort of social networking to "talk" about tv shows.. 

I also have no idea where comcast's head is in thinking the closing of the community forum is a "good idea"..

As Again said above, the community forum was promoted and started up way back in 2006 and at that time we had no recourse..  Same goes now... 

ciao, bj 

bj - the person who made the announcements on all the forums is not a Lithium employee - he works for Comcast.....

Regular Contributor

I guess there's really nothing can be done if Comcast's mind is made up, Thanks to all of who whom have helped me in the past, I will miss you.......Business is Business what are you gonna do...Take Care.DebbieLou

GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE, MANY WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT YOU, THANKYOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Problem Solver

@angie43 wrote:

bj - the person who made the announcements on all the forums is not a Lithium employee - he works for Comcast.....

Angie, I went back to double check, and nowhere does it indicate that Fintan215 is an employee of comcast..   All that is there is his/her name and a title of Administrator....

Comcast employees have, to my knowledge and observation, have always been shown with their names in RED and double C logo for comcast.. 

Lithium employees appear to now have their names in blue/aqua and mod or admin attached. 

Am I missing something??

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

@Queen-Evie wrote:

@BethKatz wrote:

Email subscriptions will only show subscribed to threads if you click Topic Options in a thread or Options in a post and choose Subscribe.

If you did not do that for this thread, then you will have to disable the default option which will subscribe you to EVERY thread you participate in.

My Settings/Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.

UNCHECK  subscriptions.PNG

Scroll down, click Save.

I have done this and still get emails. I have the box unchecked, but there is a default option that is checked, or filled in. What else can I do to not get the emails?  Get rid of Comcast???

Expert

juniejane---------

Go back in and right above "Subscription Options", you should see a live link for "Email Subscriptions".  It's right under the Preferences tab.  Click on that and it will open up the list of whatever subscriptions you have at the moment.  Then you can click the boxes for any that you don't want email from any more.  At the top of the list is a another live link that reads "Email Subscriptions Options".  Hover your mouse pointer over that and it gives you more options for selecting and deleting subscriptions.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

If you are subscribed to a thread it will be listed at the top of the landing page.

subscriptions.PNG

If you see any listed, then you can do as Latoque suggested to unsubscribe

OR at the top of this page in the first post click the drop-down arrow next to Topic Options.

Click Unsubscribe.

Frequent Visitor

Hi bj..............What made me think that was when he thanked the people at Lithium for letting him post about Facebook, that he was an admin, but not of the forums.

@BlueJay wrote:

@angie43 wrote:

Angie, I went back to double check, and nowhere does it indicate that Fintan215 is an employee of comcast..   All that is there is his/her name and a title of Administrator....

Comcast employees have, to my knowledge and observation, have always been shown with their names in RED and double C logo for comcast.. 

Lithium employees appear to now have their names in blue/aqua and mod or admin attached. 

Am I missing something??

ciao, bj

Silver Problem Solver

@BethKatz wrote:

For the record, it seems that some of the folks in the Community Forum have created a new place to talk. You can register at:

I'm including the link here so that people can find it when the Community Forum disappears.

I looked over there, and 154 people are registered as of right now. It's a free forum with threaded topics like the Community Forum. Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ are not appropriate substitutes for forums. An advantage to Forumotion is that people do not have to be Comcast customers.

Gold Problem Solver

@BethKatz wrote:

@BethKatz wrote:

For the record, it seems that some of the folks in the Community Forum have created a new place to talk. You can register at:

I'm including the link here so that people can find it when the Community Forum disappears.

I looked over there, and 154 people are registered as of right now. It's a free forum with threaded topics like the Community Forum. Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ are not appropriate substitutes for forums. An advantage to Forumotion is that people do not have to be Comcast customers.

Those who cancel Comcast will be be able to post in the new forum, which keeps everyone in touch with each other.

Another advantage is that you would no longer have to put up with the Community  Forum admins, who at times were/are on a power trip, heavy-handed, and had their favorites.

Expert

One of the things I disliked about the Lithium software (and there are lots of others) is that there is no easily accessible Member list like you have in either phpBB or vBulletin.  With the new Forumotion forum we have that.

Frequent Visitor

Will Comcast solve my issue which has been posted to the forum before they shut it down?  I doubt it.

Gold Problem Solver

wavedog, you have posted about an issue with the data usage meter here in the HELP and SUPPORT forum. This forum is not getting closed down.

What is being closed is the COMMUNITY forum.

http://community.comcast.net/

Expert

@Queen-Evie wrote:

..........This forum is not getting closed down.

What is being closed is the COMMUNITY forum.

http://community.comcast.net/

Queen------I have thought about this-----if Comcast is not renewing it's contract with Lithium, how will they maintain this help and support forum?

Just sayin.

Gold Problem Solver

I'm not privy to what goes on between Lithium and Comcast.

I suspect there may be 2 different contracts and only one is not being renewed.

Reason I suspect this: Help forums are overseen by Comcast.

Community forums are overseen by Lithium.

Seems to me 2 different ones would be needed.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastEric wrote:

UPDATE:  The closure of the Community Forums on Xfinity.com is now scheduled for December 16th (subject to change).  This closure does not affect the Help & Support Forums on Comcast.com.

And again we ask, WHY DON'T YOU ANNOUNCE THIS IN THE COMMUNITY FORUMS, WHERE IT IS AFFECTING PEOPLE, INSTEAD OF HERE??????