Community Forum

Comcast solutions to consumers issues...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast solutions to consumers issues...

Sooooooo, going through issues with my internet connection and Comcast/Xfinity, a light bulb went off that has taken me many years to see.  I guess that I always want to believe that companies are taking care of their customers...

It has occured to me that the solution from Comcast (whether from the executive rep. or the Xfinity # rep.) always seems to be for the customer to go out and spend their own money to buy equipment which will make/ allow the Comcast equipment (which you are paying for) to work in your house. Yup, we are paying a monthly fee for internet service (in my case two monthly fees in the same house - unsolved issue) and we are paying for the rental of a Comcast modem ($10.00 a month... Hmmmmm after a year I would think that modem has well been paid for!) And guess what - I am NOT getting internet connection throughout my entire, small home - unless I pay the two internet bills.  And the solution from Comcast is/has been (which I admit I have gone out and purchased...) to spend my own money on boosters or repeaters or Xfinity pods or a better modem or.....  Purchase items so that the Xfinity Items/services I am paying for - work!?!?!

Comcast/Xfinity is making over a billion dollars a year in profits.  We as their customers, should all get a thank you letter for purchasing our own items so that they do not have to spend time/money to improve their equipment; which our self purchased equipment is allowing/making work. 

I know, no one is forcing me to use Comcast/Xfinity - and the one other option I have might be even worse... But, there is something wrong with a company that has the solution for their unability to provide a service they offer to be - Go out and purchase something to make our "stuff" work!  If I can go out and purchase something to make their "stuff" work - why don't they provide those items to make their "stuff" work?

Expert

Re: Comcast solutions to consumers issues...

I'm not understanding...if you don't want to rent equipment why don't you buy your own? See: https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ for compatible equipment, And there a lot of factors that determine how well Wi-Fi works. That's up to you to manage as Comcast is not responsible for your home network. Here are some tips to improve your Wi-Fi: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Improve-Your-Wireless-Gateway-Home-Network/m-p/26276...

I am not an employee.