Community Forum

Comcast service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Comcast service

I have had Comcast service fo years and have had a lot of problems with bills, extra charges etc. I would like to know why so many things are goofed up. My first problems were when I purchased my own modem to stop from having to pay a modem rental every month. For over a year, I had to call and get the modem rental fee removed from my account each month or every couple of months. I finally had to contact an attorney and get advice on what to do. The attorney asked me to go through the Virginia State Corporation Commission and file a complaint first before persuing through the court system. I finally got a lady from coroporate to listen to me after the Corporation Commission contacted them and Comcast had to disable my modem for a little over 24 hours and then add it back to their system. It now shows my modem as customer owned. During all of those problems, I got an e-mail that I was late on a payment for service. The funny thing was, I am on autopay. I called and the customer service rep stated I was late and there was a fee for being late. I then asked how could I be late when I am on autopay? They were confused and I escalated the problem up the chain. I never received a response other than they removed the charge. How many others has this happened to and they didn't catch it? Needless to say my experience has not been a pleasant one over the years. I received an e-mail a couple of weeks ago stating speeds have been increased in my area and my plan should now be 60Mbps down. The e-mail stated I should have to just reset my modem to take advantage of the new speeds. Well, that didn't work. After two chats with support, they stated that I am still set at 25Mbps down and that my area has not been upgraded yet. I was just on my account and I have triple play. Triple Play is supposed to be 25 Mbps down. My account states I am set for 15 Mbps down. Speed test sites always show between 15 and 18Mbps down. Can someone from Comcast please explain why I have had so many problems? Attached is the screengrab from my account showing what Comcast has me configured as. I pay $172.90/month for basic cable, internet and phone. Why can they not give me what I pay for? Can somebody from Comcast please look into this? I know I've been a thorn in the company's side but I only want what I am paying for. 

Thank you

Screenshot from 2017-12-02 18-46-05.png
Official Employee

Re: Comcast service

Hello sturgillbd. We apologize for an inconvenience. I can assist you with your internet speed concerns. I would need to review your account, and modem diagnostic bootfile. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!