Community Forum

Comcast reps lied to me on several occasions

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast reps lied to me on several occasions

I was paying $19.99 for internet only. Promo ended & I called to lower my bill. They gave me a internet/TV package ($44.99) because it was cheaper then their internet only at the time. I requested they not send the TV equipment because it was a pain to return. They said no problem. First i receive the equipment. I call back. They said I have to have the equipment for my package. I told them I was not going to use it and save the money shipping it. Didn't matter & now I have a box of Comcast equipment collecting dust. Then they charge me a $15 broacast fee on my bill for using TV service (that I'm not using) I call back. They said I should have been informed of the charge at the time of service change (which I was not) They said they would wave the broadcast fee for 6 months. I said OK. The rep also sympathized with me and said to call back every month to check on new promotions (new customer or regular) and they they would not lock me in or penialize me if I switched to a better internet only plan later. I then get charged $7 for a broadcast fee. I try their online chat since I was fed up with calling. The rep said they could wave the broadcast fee this month but if I wanted more (that I was promised) or try to change my plan I had to call customer retention. I call customer retention. Now they say they can't wave the broadcast fee. I also see that they have a $19.99 promo for new customers so I try to switch. They say they can't. I can either get $49.95 for slower internet then I have now or keep the internet/TV package and get charged the $7 broadcast fee. They also said I can get another slower internet but I was transfered to a manager because I was so upset at this point. Now that cheaper option is somehow not available. I spent 45 min with manager hearing him repeat the same things. He could do nothing and had no resolution to the failed promises I had from dealing with reps earlier. I am waiting to get a call back from the manager's, manager. I can't understand why I was lied to in multiple instances and they brush that off like nothing. Never in my life have I dealt with so many lies and failed promises from a company with no resolution. They act like they did nothing wrong. Why am I (a loyal customer for years) being offered $49.99 for internet when a new customer is offered $19.99 for the same plan? Does this make any rational sense to anyone? I wish I had more options in my area for internet... I have spent several hours on the phone with no resolution as this point. They love to transfer to the next dept or person too. I have explained this story multiple times to multiple people. Can't they check the notes and logged conversations to see what was promised to me. I can't be alone here?

Official Employee

Re: Comcast reps lied to me on several occasions

Hi Marcusal6,

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get this taken care of. To answer your question, we offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I'd be more than happy to review your account to see if I have the offer you're interested in. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!