Community Forum

Comcast rep signed me up to the wrong deal.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast rep signed me up to the wrong deal.

Hello everyone,

So I've been a customer for two years now and I've been extremely satisfied with the internet service. It's treated my family and I very well. About a month ago, I wanted to continue just the internet service except it would be the new promotional deal. This internet only deal is 49.99/mo for 100 down and 5up. Just to be VERY CLEAR, I only wanted the internet plan. NOTHING ELSE. I went through a lot of people trying to get this deal. The comcast rep tried really hard on ignoring the promotional prices. In addition, they keep trying to sell me a bundle. But at long last,  I was finally given the good graces of resigning under that deal. So shoutout to the promotional department for helping me. Now here's where the story turns.

They told me I would pay the guarantee price of 49.99 and of course they said "since you're a college student, you qualify for a free year's service of HBO. For free!" I literally thought about it for a couple seconds and I agreed. I was still under the impression that I am getting the internet bundle. I got my bill today and I see some extra charges. And these charges was all thanks to the HBO service that I agreed upon. So I went through the online chat and went through 3 different people on the phone. I feel bad for all these reps. They kept giving me the "I can't" and the same procedural answers on discontinuing HBO beacuse it was part of the plan. One of them even acknowledged that they one of the reps messed up. Anyways, I complained that I didn't want the HBO service anymore. I wanted to discontinue it.

Here's the kicker and the main reason why it took so long. Apparently, the customer rep signed me up to a TV bundle. The whole time, I thought I was under the 49.99 100down 5up plan. I was under the impression that I was getting the internet bundle and the HBO was just something I can sign into. They told me I would be getting a box and everything was free. In other words, they signed me up for a TV + Internet bundle without letting me know clearly. I think any logical human being would see this is unfair and maybe even unethical. These guys were SNEAKY!!! And I have never felt so wrong in my life. Because they signed me up with the TV + Internet Bundle, disconnecting the TV will also take away the entire deal. 

Problem Solver

Re: Comcast rep signed me up to the wrong deal.

Hello Stephens1,

I apologize for the issue you are describing. I have the package and the ability to apply said package that you originally wanted. I can apply this promotion and backdate it, as to apply a credit for the taxes that you were charged. This credit and change would appear on your next 1-2 billing cycles. Additionally, you either have or may be receiving a cable box as apart of this issue, which we would need you to return. You may return the cable box to any UPS store or your nearest local Comcast center, located at 31055 Courthouse Drive, Union City, CA 94587. I will be sending you a private message regarding the remaining private information that must be discussed to complete this change. You will see an envelope in the top right of your screen with a red number next to it. Once clicked, you will see my private message. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!