Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Comcast owes me money but refuses to pay

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast owes me money but refuses to pay

HELP!

Comcast has owed me about $900 for over a year but refuese to pay or credit my account.  I have called Customer Service at least 8 times over the last year.  For most of the calls the typical scenario is I call, the Customer Service Rep acknowledges I'm owed the money, and promises me a supervisor will call me after a little further investigation.  For 3 of the calls, the Customer Service Rep transferred the call to a supervisor who also acknowledges Comcast culpability wherein I'm told they must escalate my case to accounting and will be receiving a phone call from them to discuss.  Comcast has not once called me to rectify this situation.

At this point I don't believe there is anything to be gained by calling the general number and try to work my way up the food chain. 

Has anyone had a similar experience who could advise me how to get Comcast to meet their financial obligation to me?  Is there someone in a position of higher authority, possibly in Comcast or the FCC whom I could contact?

Please advise. 

Admin1

Re: Comcast owes me money but refuses to pay

Hi nimrod16 -- I  reviewed your account to see about the validity of this credit. A billing Supervision has already reviewed this and did call you back in December 2016 to go over this with you. You explained the situation to that Sup however he was unable to verify what you were saying as there was no billing dispute made by you to anyone during the tech visit where you claim this issue happened. 

Your request for a $900 credit has been denied based on lack of supporting evidence. All billing disputes do need to take place within 120 days. An agent was able to apply credit for 120 days worth of this dispute. No other credits have been approved. 

New Poster

Thank you for replying, the first attempt for Comcast to reach out.  Providing this information in a forum is inadequate. This is the first I heard of a 120 day credit. Please have somebody in a position of authority call me at the number on file

For your information, a supervisor did not call me on December 2016.  In a subsequent call I was informed of this so-called call.  The nuber provided to Comcast is my personal cell phone which is always with me.  I told the customer service representitive that no such call was made and offered to provide my phone records to verify.  The "supporting evidence" is in your posession.  Every single Customer Service Representitive and supervisor with whom I spoke has agreed with me that Comcast overbilled me approximately $900.

Again please call.  Your 'resolution' is not satisfactory.  If no call is forthcoming I will have no choice but to file a claim with the FCC.

thank you

Admin1

I will have someone review this and contact you with their findings. You can expect to be contacted within 24-48 hours. 

Admin1

An agent made an attempt to get in contact with you. They were unable to reach you. If you have updated contact information you can provide that to me and I will update the agent who tried to contact you. You can send contact information via PM.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

I am ready to file a Consumer Fraud Complaint with the New Mexico Attorney General and also one with the FTC. Comcast sure is quick to bill for a late fee but when you are owed for outages credit and then you decide to shut service off, all of the sudden they figure out a way to zero out all you are due and take it out of all notes.  Criminal Criminal company. I cannot wait to buy a box of my own and discontinue with them and use Verizon for my internet. You would think service of 30 years at one residence and service of 44 years at the other might allow the credit to correctly post.

I was told it would take three weeks and now it has been 2 months.....yuck, yuck, yuck. ....Comcast.

File any complaint you can and fight, fight, fight for your funds.

New Poster

I was told by a Comcast employee yesterday that you should receive an email on the credit approval or disapproval.....I also have received NOTHING>

Official Employee

Hi jolynnk59, 

I can help address your concerns. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.