Community Forum

Comcast lied twice two days in a row

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast lied twice two days in a row

Called customer service yesterday to view my options i had to upgrade my service package. I previously had 150 mbps internet at 92 dollars a month and was looking to add cable. I was asked which channels id like and was told I could have those channels and keep my same internet speed for 91 dollars a month. After approving that deal amd spending the last half of my day installing the cable it turned out I actually wasn’t going to get those channels. I called again today to complain and request that those channels be added to my account. The sales rep stated that in order to that it would be 8 more dollars a month and I would also be getting 250 mbps internet speeds. After approving this deal the channels i had requested were added to my list, however my service summary stated my internet plan was only 75 mbps. After calling a third time to remedy this the loyalty rep said there was nothing he could do so i canceled the cable service and went back to internet only. Does Comcast actually think that they can deliberately lie about the service you’re buying and their consumers will not notice?