Community Forum

Comcast lied to my face! Worst service ever.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast lied to my face! Worst service ever.

What is going on with your service?! Weeks prior to me moving into a new apartment, I call to have my service transferred and an appointment was scheduled on a Saturday. Just a day before, I call to make sure everything is in order and I’m told that the appointment was canceled for no reason. I ask why and their excuse is that there’s no one available to do it and someone will come by next week. It only gets worse, the package I wanted installed was promised 100 mbps internet, 220+ channels for two TVs, and phone cable for the price of $120. I now get told I’ll end up getting charged MUCH MORE for the package and with only one TV set box. I just said screw it and drop the whole appointment because you guys are SCAMMING ME! I will not be affiliated with xfinity and Comcast ever again.
Valued Contributor

Re: Comcast lied to my face! Worst service ever.

When you move, you have new customer rates available. So unless you were already in an agreement package, any new contract package would not be binding because of 30 day MBG. Their movers tool is setup very odd. You submit the info and think it's done, for them to call you or you call them to find out they were just getting the info, and no appointment is actually set until an agent puts it in. I'm sorry to hear of your experience.
Admin1

Re: Comcast lied to my face! Worst service ever.

Hi valleromero -- Sorry to hear about this experience. We can help you here if you change your mind about not going through with your order. Please let us know if we can be off assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!