Community Forum

Comcast lied to keep me as a customer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Comcast lied to keep me as a customer

I contacted Comcast in June to cancel my service due to poor customer service and long list of other issues. When i called and talked to the person they asked why i wanted to cancel and i proceed to tell them all the issues i had. After spewing about my disgust for Comcast for several minutes the person offered to give me free HBO for a year to keep me. I thought about it for several minutes and figured I would give it a shot.  After 3 months HBO stopped working. It was saying when i tuned to HBO it would say i need to upgrade my service. I contacted Comcast again and they didn't even see on my account where i ever even had HBO. After threatening to cancel my service again the said they would honor the 1 year free service and turned it back on. 3 months later guess what happened? you got it off again. When i called in again they said that the free HBO promotion wasn't available at that time and said if i pay a 1 time $15 charge they would turn it on for a month. After explaining my disgust again they said they would offer me a free sports package for a month. Keep in mind theirs 1 game left in the NFL regular season. I don't watch any basketball college or pro, i don't watch hockey and MLB is not currently in season. So once again where does this benefit me for their screw up? After telling them that its their fault they lied to me and wheres my motivation to stay as a Comcast customer? I can join the dish world and get the NFL Sunday ticket for free for a year not just a month. 

After being on a online chat for 2 HOURS! I was transfered to a supervisor and in less than 5 minutes was offererd Starz or Showtime free for 6 months. Really Comcast? 2 Hours and its fixed in less than 5 minutes? Hey Comcast where do i send my bill for my time you wasted?