Community Forum

Comcast install nightmare - customer service unable to do anything

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Comcast install nightmare - customer service unable to do anything

Hi,

I recently moved to a new town and brought my comcast service with me. In my old location, everything worked, and I never had to speak to anyone at comcast. In my new location, there are lots of issues, and nobody - not techs - not customer service seem to be able to do anything.

Right now I have two issues:

1) Signed up for gig service, getting less than half to a quarter of that.

Tech has been onsite more than once. Issue was claimed to be on their side and they needed to install a signal amplifier. For some reason this took almost 5 days. There was zero communication with me during this time period, and I needed to call in to find out what was going on.

On my last call in to them they told me the amplifier install had been completed and everything should be fine. 

Except there is no change at all. 

So they set up a call for an internet tech yesterday and an alarm tech for my other problem today.

Apparently that was inefficient so they cancelled the Friday tech and combined it with my saturday tech. Did anyone call and tell me that? No. I stayed home waiting for the person who never showed.

I found out that it had been cancelled when I called in. The rep apologized as it showed that no one had reached out to tell me the Friday visit had been cancelled. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing.

The alarm issue is a simple configuration problem, so I'm sure they can fix it today. I dont have much faith that they will fix the internet speed though. The wiring in my house has been confirmed good...

TLDR: Over a dozen calls to comcast to troubleshoot. Currently at 4 tech visits. Alarm doesnt work. Internet is a quarter to half of promised speed. 

And the cherry on the top has been that there have been zero credits offered to my bill, and apparently comcast now charges for months in advance! MY first bill is for two months of service - no one can tell me why.

Valued Contributor

Re: Comcast install nightmare - customer service unable to do anything

Comcast charges in advance, and your first bill may have some extra days prorated, added to it for the days of service you were "active" before your cycle had actually begun. IE: Your service was installed on the first, but your cycle was from the 15th-14th of next month, the days from the first to the 14th would be added to the first bill. This is odd, but it is the way it is done from the way I have read the bills for the time I have had service at multiple locations.
Sometimes this looks like being charged for two months, becuz of the way the cycle starts.

They will credit you, once your issue is resolved, for the time your service had issues (otherwise they would have to issue multiple credits at different rates) AS LONG AS, you called in and they can prove you had these issues for the time you had them (which in your case, will be no problem)
The rest I could only speculate, just wanted to clear up some for you, from my experience. Good luck with getting the max speeds and alarm fixed.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast install nightmare - customer service unable to do anything

Hi, jhinsf - 

I would love to have the opportunity to look into these issues further with you. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!