Community Forum

Comcast has been a nightmare, and it just got worse

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Comcast has been a nightmare, and it just got worse

I just moved to houston from austin. in austin, i was a beta tester for att uverse... had it for the last 4.5 years. so, when i found out they didnt have service at my new home, i was a little upset. 

we went with comcast because quite frankly: there are no other options besides dsl, and that is way too slow for both myself and wife working from home. 

we are now 3.5 weeks in to this ordeal... and it has been a nightmare. when we initially setup service, we just assumed someone would come to the house to hook it up (not that its hard). not the case... we were told we had to drive into town and go to one of the comcast service centers and pick up the equipment ourselves. we had signed up for a pretty decent tv package, phone, and extreme 105 internet.... so maybe that was it?

we got the equipment, came home, and hooked it up......... nothing. we called tech support who tried to walk us through a few things to no avail, then gave up and decided to send a technician. he was scheduled to come a few days later. it was tough living without internet, but we sucked it up and made it through the 3 days wait. the day that the tech was scheduled, we waited until 7pm to call comcast as we never got a call. seems that the order got screwed up somehow and it would have to be rescheduled (i still have not gotten a solid honest answer as to just what happened that day). it was going to be another WEEK. 

I couldnt wait, so i decided to start troubleshooting on my own... i ran a new line to the modem, cleaned up all the connections, and setup the modem. after about 45 minutes of jacking around, i got the internet working (nothing else... but at least the internet was ok). a technician came out to the house a couple days later, said it was all working fine and went back behind me and disconnected every other coax cable in the house.... why, i have no idea. he didnt bother to tell me this (it was tucked deep in a corner of the attic) so the next 3 days of pulling out hair, and countless hours spent on the phone with tech support should really be his fault. they eventually conceded, and scheduled yet another tech... who would be yet another week. 

phone also did not work at all during any of this time. 

by the time the next person came out, i had given up again and started tracing wires until i saw what the last tech had done. 

finally got tv service 5 days ago. now my modem is friend, and has to be taken back to comcast and swapped out. (that took 2 hours on the phone with comcast to figure that out). phone still hasnt worked. 

so imagine my surprise when i call comcast to explain how i REALLY dont feel that i should be forced to pay a full months bill for this horrible excuse for service.... and only get $105.27 in credit. but fine... it just doesnt matter.... until i also hear that i will see the charges for my internet setup next month. i still have no idea what the dollar amount is for this... but i lost it. i... me... yours truly... hooked up the internet connection. i ran the coax... i put in the wall plates... i setup the modem... and yet i am still going to need to pay someone else for what i did? i thought maybe it was something offsite... but no. the tech told me there was nothing to do at the box, and they verified that by saying the isntall fee is only for what is done inside the home... which was NOTHING. they insist that the day the tech came and said "yep, its all working great" is enough to justify an installation charge. (not to mention... we have looked over the paperwork we signed, and not once... anywhere does it mention an installation charge. nor were we told about an installation charge.)

i was told point blank that there is nothing they can do. they wont remove that charge. i guess i need to figure out who to send my bill to... i didnt realize it was a paying gig when i set it up. i suppose i need to get paid for it. 

i am done with comcast. i only lasted 3.5 weeks... but it was the most painful 3.5 weeks of my life. if anyone has any ideas on who to complain to... any direct numbers to people higher up the line (i was told i could not speak to anyones supervisor as they were not allowed) any contact info at all would be helpful. if i could get someone with half a brain on the phone (which is apparently asking too much) im sure they could see just how badly they have dropped the ball here and rectify the situation... but i cant. 

i am going to start hunting for anything else in the meantime.... tv is easy enough with all the satellite companies, but internet will be tough. maybe i'll span a couple of dsl lines together or something.

Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast has been a nightmare, and it just got worse

File a complaint(Askl to make a complaint, operator will transfer you)

(215) 665-1700

Comcast
One Comcast Center
Philadelphia PA 19103

Send them an email with what is going on. Copy and paste from this topic should do;

we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

When the next tech comes out ask for his supervisors number. They will give you a card. Give him a call. Play all fields and people will start to help.

By the second option I guarantee you will have 2 or 3 people call you. 

Last if issues are not solved within a week file a BBB complaint. 

O and I almost forgot!

Welcome to Comcast Smiley Happy

Expert

That's one of the strangest Comcast stories I ever heard. Why wouldn't Comcast just come out and do the install? Weird.

You can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.?

Or you can ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Comcast has been pushing there self install kits last couple of months. If setting up the internet is merely running wires and activating the modem they will let you do it. However usually for such a high speed tier they require a tech to do it.

Not 100% 

New Poster

I agree.  I am in Houston (Katy) and we have no choice but to get Comcast.  There customer service is horrible and how I can't wait to get back to ATT Uverse.  They are a nightmare.  They hire subcontractors to come out to install (of whom didn't do it right) then send another guy then bill you twice for it and won't give you a credit and argue with you on the phone.  They say because I didn't get the "something protection plan".  Why would I need a protection plan to hook up service???

Dumb

Frequent Visitor

so i had emailed, then called the "vice presidents office" (their words) and talked to "bobby". he was going to see what he could do about getting a credit as well as getting all of my services working. i talked to him friday... he promised to call saturday: nothing. i called him saturday and left a message.

so i call today and leave a message this morning... nothing. no return call. i have called every hour since, and he hasnt once answered his phone. 

i just give up. we are finding anything else as quick as possible. they had their second chance, and they blew it.

Gold Problem Solver

I did escalate your issues for you.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

I suppose comcast has given up? bobby no longer returns my calls, i cant get any response to email, i have been told that i cannot view my bill... and somehow, i have managed to rack up almost $800????????

my email:

first: i have called "Bobby" who i dealt with on getting the service issues worked out and credit on the installation that never took place. ive called bobby a half dozen times this week... left 2 messages, starting on tuesday and have not received a return call. not good customer service. 

second: for whatever reason, i cannot setup my account. we were supposed to get a welcome package when we setup the account initially as well as installation kits... we did not. there was supposedly a 'pin' in there to setup some fcc compliance... without this pin, i cannot get to any of my account online because i am met with a warning about setting that pin up. according to the techs, it was mailed to us... it still has not come. we have never received a piece of mail from comcast here. it is entirely possible that we have mail problems... this is a new home, so i wouldnt doubt it. but there must be some means to deal with this quickly without having to wait 7-10 days for usps. 

third: because i do not have this pin, i cannot see my bill online. i have been told 1) that we are delinquent $37 and it will be shut off soon... that makes absolutely no sense seeing as how i paid the entire $75 bill a couple of weeks ago sight unseen; and 2) it states that i currently owe $783.59 - which makes NO SENSE AT ALL. i cannot even fathom how anything we could do at comcast that  could rake up a $700+ dollar bill. (before i could finish typing this email... the price now has dropped to $628.37 - i have no idea why or how. what in the world is going on over there?). we have shut off tv service within the first 30 days as we could never get it working reliably... we finally got phone working after a month of waiting... and the internet has finally been working reliably for a couple of weeks now.... the installation charges were waived completely by Bobby... i have no explanation how it could be that high even without those items. 

i would appreciate a call today, ESPECIALLY if the customer service reps are correct, and my account is delinquent and about to be shut off. 

Gold Problem Solver

I am re-escalating your issue to the forum admin.

Watch for his reply here.

Problem Solver

Someone should be contacting you about this issue.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

i am so sick of dealing with this it isnt funny. 

now that the service has been working correctly, we've had nothing but billing problems. the numbers simply do not add up. my monthly bill should be $147.48 per month... ive had service for 5 months... yet, somehow, ive had to pay over $848 just to keep things turned on. 

ive requested my bill multiple times... still havent gotten it. 

ive been dealing with bobby williams in comcast corporate escalation since this all started... and since thanksgiving i have left a message at least a couple of times per week. i have not gotten a single call back. 3 weeks ago, i started having people within comcast send requests for bobby to call me so there couldnt be an excuse of "i didnt get the message"... still nothing.

you actually shut my service off today, and i had to pay ANOTHER $300 without seeing a bill, and without any reason or explanation... once again, because it just had to be done. 

you are hands down the WORST cable company i have ever dealt with with the absolute WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. at least have the common courtesy to RETURN YOUR CUSTOMERS CALLS!

someone is going to have to start paying for my time soon. this is getting outrageous.

Silver Problem Solver

You can view your bills on the Comcast Customer Central page under Billing and Accounts.

Sign in with your username like for the forums.

PDF copies are available for viewing in a pull down near the bottom of the page under history. Up to one year of bills are available here.