Community Forum

Comcast double charged me and they won't do anything to resolve.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast double charged me and they won't do anything to resolve.

I set up auto-pay with Comcast (directly from checking) and on November 28, I recieved an email thanking me for my payment of 69.95 on November 26. On December 2nd, I checked my bank account and noticed two odd charges from Comcast. The first charge was posted on November 27 in the amount of 60.89 (charged on the right date but the wrong amount). I also saw a charge posted on November 29 in the amount of 69.95 (correct monthly amount, but charged after my bill is due). 

I hopped on the chat customer support and the rep told me that they didn't have any record of an extra withdrawal of 60.89 so they opened up a claim for me. After a lot of back and forth with the claims rep (I sent over my bank statement as proof), she told me that she could not help me because she couldn't see this charge of 60.89 from her end. She told me it might be a fraudulent charge (someone pretending to be Comcast) and told me to follow up with my bank. 

My bank investigated this charge and found that it was 100% legitimate and it was definitely a charge from Comcast. They told me that I need to resolve this issue with Comcast. They also gave me a transaction ID to provide to the merchant. I contacted my claims rep as soon as I found out (December 12) with an email and a phone call and she failed to call me back. I called her again on the 13th and left a voicemail and again, I have not heard back. I also emailed her documents that the bank sent me regarding their investigation on the 14th. Again, I was not contacted about this. 

I am very frustrated and I just want comcast to refund me the charge from the 27th that was clearly made in error. It's clear that they charged me the wrong amount, then charged me the right amount without crediting me back for their mistake. It is a very a simple solution and I have been dealing with this for far too long. For reference, my ticket number is 44705610. If any rep would like to contact me I am happy to send over all the documentation that I provided to my claims rep in order to resolve this issue. 

Official Employee

Re: Comcast double charged me and they won't do anything to resolve.

Hi, chanqvu - I can request a further investigation for your account. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone number. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!