Community Forum

Comcast charging me well over a year and a half after I turned in leased modem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Comcast charging me well over a year and a half after I turned in leased modem

Turned in leased modem early 2016, knew Comcast had a history of charging people who buy thier own modems, took the chance.  In June 2016, they finally stopped charging me.  September 2017, they are back to charging me claiming I am not using the phone.  Said it is a code that triggers the charge, and to be honest, I am tired of being on the phone for hours trying to fix thier problems.  The worst comapny I have ever had to deal with.  Next I will have to email the address on my bill, let them not do anything, then the media, then an attorney. Sad that in 2017, companies are still gouging people because there is no competition.  If I had a choice, I would not be with Comcast.  Just stop charging me the now 11 dollars a month for equipment that I gave back to Comcast.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast charging me well over a year and a half after I turned in leased modem

Hi SsgC, apologies for your experiences and I will gladly review the modem charge on your account. Could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: Comcast charging me well over a year and a half after I turned in leased modem

Hi SsgC,  thank you for working with me via private message.  Please let us know if you need assistance in the future.

Thank you