Community Forum

Comcast again raises my rate without warning!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Comcast again raises my rate without warning!

My bill was increased by $22 from last month without any warning/notice. My credit card was automatically charged the price difference.  I would like my rate to be reduced to the previous rate, or I am going to start looking for other internet/cable providers.  $2,000 a year seems plenty for cable/internet at this time.  Especially as a loyal customer of Comcast's for many years.

Expert

Re: Comcast again raises my rate without warning!

@Doublek1229 wrote:

My bill was increased by $22 from last month without any warning/notice. My credit card was automatically charged the price difference.  I would like my rate to be reduced to the previous rate, or I am going to start looking for other internet/cable providers.  $2,000 a year seems plenty for cable/internet at this time.  Especially as a loyal customer of Comcast's for many years.

Was there no notice on your bill?  It sounds as though a promotion you were on dropped off.  Where does the increase come in your bill?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast again raises my rate without warning!

Sudden increases in fees are usually at the end of a promotional/ discount period. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price. We offer customers an introductory discounted rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist with a review of lower-priced offers that may be available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, and account number or phone number so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!