Community Forum

Comcast Was Wrong

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Comcast Was Wrong

To whomever it may concern,

My wife and I were in the process of moving and we were looking to set up internet service at our new address.  I called Comcast to verify that they provided service to our new address and was told that it was unclear if it was covered, but the employee would research it and get back to me. He gave me service reference # 1084421.  About a week went by and I didn't hear back so I called Comcast and spoke with another employee. He told me that they did look into it and Comcast does serve my new address.  Coincidentally the original employee left me a voice mail at about the same time stating the same information.  Happily we ordered a router and modem online and scheduled an installation visit. Unfortunately Comcast couldn't schedule one for ~2 weeks. Nevertheless we waited.  

On the day of the scheduled installation the friendly tech came to our door and inspected the hookup outside. He said that the hookup wasn't there and he made some phone calls.  He was apologetic and told us that despite previous information from Comcast, they do not provide internet service in our area.  He then contacted his supervisor and told us that the supervisor would get in touch with us.  The supervisor did indeed leave me a voice mail explaining that she would contact the construction department in oder to see that our service is taken care off and would contact us whenever that is done.  

As a result of the misinformation we were given earlier, we were forced to pay an extra $40 this month to change our cell phone plans to allow tethering from a mobile hotspot.  We did this because we need to work at home at times and cannot afford to wait or even trust Comcast to give us correct information in terms of internet service.  This has been a big inconvenience to us and will greatly dissuade us from using Comcast in the future.  Thank you for your time.  

Expert

Re: Comcast Was Wrong

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi NTJL, I am happy to address your concern and provide you the correct information you need in regards to your services. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!