Community Forum

Comcast Video SIK Self Install Kit

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast Video SIK Self Install Kit

My bill this month has a fee for a Comcast Video SIK Self Install Kit. What is this?  I have been on hold forever and can't get an agent, and no live chat agent answers the prompt.

I received, I think at least two months ago, a new modem which I was todl was required, which I installed myself, and I used the included mateirals to return the old modem for a fee.

A week ago, I received a new remote control device at my request.  I was told this was no charge, included with my X1 services as my remote was outdated.

Other than this modeum install which I didn't request and was told was required, and a replacement remote control, I've received no other equipment from Comcast, nor have I requested any, in years.

Why now a charge for some kind of Video Self Install Kit which I don't believe I've used, received, or needed?

Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Video SIK Self Install Kit

Hello kjf916,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The “Video SIK Install Kit” was in fact a charge for the remote control being shipped out. I understand you stated you were advised there was no charge. I have reviewed the account and credited the charge, which will reflect on you monthly bill within one to two statements. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Video SIK Self Install Kit

I too was charged and was told there would be no charge. They did give me a discount, but still a 6 dollar charge.