Community Forum

Comcast Retention Department - Billing Issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast Retention Department - Billing Issue

Hello Comcast,

I just got off the phone with a few representatives discussing an increase in my bill.  I informed the representatives that when I signed up for the service, that I was told by my agent at the time that if my rate ever changed, that I could call in and have them readjust to ensure I'm paying the agreed upon amount.  My bill is now close to double that original amount, and the representatives I spoke with (as friendly as they were) have offered other promotions, though none coming close to the mark. I questioned whether it was more suitable to cancel my service, enlist with another company, and enquire again in 90 days as a new customer to get back to my original rate (which is the new customer rate); the representative told me that is an option.  So I requested that she call me back within the hour after I've explored offers from other internet service providers.

However, this raises a question: what is the motivation for staying a loyal customer with Comcast, if it is in the customer's best interest to flip flop between other service providers to ensure we are receiving a competitive and fair rate? My representative did not give me a call back, so I thought I would pose this issue to the customer retention department before I move forward with changing service providers, in case another solution can be established.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Expert

Re: Comcast Retention Department - Billing Issue

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Retention Department - Billing Issue

Hello ahollums. We're sorry you feel that way. We certainly value all our customers, including you. Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!