Community Forum

Comcast Issues - Emails, Connectivity and Responsibility

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast Issues - Emails, Connectivity and Responsibility

I just received an email apologizing for the interrupted email service recently and I responded with this letter.

The problem is that they don't really gice you anywhere to send it, so I'm posting it here.

This email migration issue was just  another in a series of issues we've been having with Comcast and their internet program. When I finally called James the Comcast customer Service rep. he was well aware of the problem. He was a great agent and very understanding, but couldn't help us with that. That's the problem I'm having with this scenario. We, as customers, are relentlessly wasting our time, while you as the provider, know there is a problem, but do not proliferate this info. You could have saved me some headache, but instead James talked me into upgrading my service to double play with TV included. He said that by doing this I could finally get the internet speeds I've been paying for. He said my modem was decent, but my bundle was outdated. He said he would email me the contract so that I could read along as he spoke the contract words. I laughed... we don't have email, remember? But... you could have sent out word to the phone numbers associated with the account to let us know about the email dilemma. Or, I do believe that you could have put it as a headline on your xfinity page that one must access before going to email. Either way, you wasted a lot of my time. I just got my new TV box and really hope my internet stops dropping out after this. You guys are the connection for millions of people around the world and it's time to step up and start acting like it. Be more responsible. I'm part of your survey crew, but that just seems to be geared towards how and who to sell more of your products to. I'll tell you something else. I live in a small town. That is no reason to have the internet go out if the power goes out. I have a good generator. You should too. If our supplier, P.G & E. temporarily cannot provide power to your company in our regional area, you need to be more prepared. Bigger generators. More preparedness. More communication. Too many people rely on you and you need to take the steps to be worthy. Please, the last thing I want to hear as a response to this is, "Thank you for your email. Your concerns are important to us." We all know that isn't really true, so speak loudly by taking actions and tell us about it. When you send out an email about your fantastic new email service and this kind of thing happens, two things... Tell them more rapidly and compensate them, don't just tell them you appreciate their understanding and patience. I don't truly think that you understand how big your are, how important your internet connection is, the incredible inconvenience one experiences when one absolutely relies on that email and how to better handle issues such as this.  For the record, I don't routinely write lengthy letters like this, especially when one asks me for forgiveness, but you just touched a nerve.

One other thing that was really, really annoying was the last email migration update resulted in the loss of all my emails that I had saved on your server. I would get rid of the junk, keeping the good ones. It was a chronological record that was of incredible importance to me when reviewing communications. All gone. Gone. Your last update should have said in big letters, "WHEN WE GET DONE MAKING YOUR EMAIL EXPERIENCE BETTER, (by changing it to something that none of us really needed) YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE ALL OF YOUR SAVED EMAILS. YOU'RE GOING TO START WITH A CLEAN SLATE, SO YOU BETTER GET BUSY COPYING ALL OF THOSE BECAUSE WE'RE NOT DOING IT FOR YOU. YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE THEM, SO ACT ACCORDINGLY. 

Nope, no message. No communication about the stuff that matters. Hundreds and hundreds of emails dating back years... gone. Thanks. 

Respectfully,

K. & M. Sparks

Gold Country of  CA