Community Forum

Comcast Charges Me $5.99 When They Call Me?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast Charges Me $5.99 When They Call Me?

So, just got off the phone with a customer service rep who called me.  She then said there was a $5.99 charge for talking to her.  I didn't want to talk to her, I didn't ask to talk to her, she called me!  Can I call Comcast and bill them $5.99 if they pick up the phone?  How do you even justify billing someone if they pick up their phone?  My phone numbers will be removed from my account in order to stop unwanted billing charges.

Valued Contributor

Re: Comcast Charges Me $5.99 When They Call Me?

I am guessing you paid a bill, which they called you about, so the 5.99 is a processing fee. Is this what happened?
New Poster

That's what I thought, so I asked that and she said no, it was a charge anytime someone talks to a rep.  If she had said it was a processing fee, I would have just paid it online.  She said it wasn't a processing fee, that it was a service fee.

Official Employee

Hi pkellum, this sounds like an Agent Assisted Payment Fee which is $5.99 and I can help confirm.   Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).  

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!