Community Forum

Comcast Bill Drop-off Boxes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Comcast Bill Drop-off Boxes

I posted a question about this a few months ago, but that discussion was archived, and I never received a satidfactory answer.  

I would like more information about those third-party utility bill drop-off boxes that you often see in the entrances to supermarkets and big-box retailers.  Specifically, I'd like to know: 

How often are those boxes checked and emptied?

Do Comcast employees check and empty these boxes, or does a third-party do it and deliver the contents to Comcast?

Expert

Re: Comcast Bill Drop-off Boxes

@Tcalg wrote:

I posted a question about this a few months ago, but that discussion was archived, and I never received a satidfactory answer.  

I would like more information about those third-party utility bill drop-off boxes that you often see in the entrances to supermarkets and big-box retailers.  Specifically, I'd like to know: 

How often are those boxes checked and emptied?

Do Comcast employees check and empty these boxes, or does a third-party do it and deliver the contents to Comcast?

I would be surprised if the retailer allowed multiple keys to that box be given out.  In all likely a store employee would check the box, hopoefully every day.  What they do with the drops after that is up to whatever agreement they have with the utility.  Some retailers will only accept drops for utilities they actually process in-store with the agreement.  At any rate, the payment is probably not going to hit your bank for 2 - 5 days after you've dropped it in the box.

When I had to pay that way I would always pay at the Customer Service window, not trusting or relying on a drop box or when the contents were checked and by whom.  Plus, unless the drop box has a listing of the utilities it will collect for, you could be on a hunt.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!