Community Forum

Collections just called me for a 2yr old $43 "service" charge...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Collections just called me for a 2yr old $43 "service" charge...

I just received a call from a 971 area code number, the number the individual gave me on the phone to call back was 800-543-5788.

He informed me that he is attempting to collect an amount of $43.xx and change. He said it was for unpaid services originating back in August 2016. The problem with that is I cancelled my service and returned the equipment before my 30 day money back guarantee was over. The rep that I talked to on the phone assured me that I owed nothing and I never received a "final bill" (as the gentleman on the phone said I should've gotten) from August 2016 (when I moved out) all the way to May of 2017 (when my ex moved out of that address).

I'm wondering why I haven't heard about this until now, and why didn't the Rep that I talked to inform me of these service charges? I've read a few dozen posts in regards to these collection service charges on the Customer Service forums that got wiped out so I'm hoping this was just a mistake and can be cleared up.

Thanks!

Leonard Burns

Regular Visitor

Re: Collections just called me for a 2yr old $43 "service" charge...

Nobody is able to help? I emailed the We Can Help <http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/We-Can-Help/td-p/2634629> address and was referred to post here, tweet something, or post a message on facebook. None of those seem like a very good place for something this long so I'm hoping someone will read this and help me out.

Thanks!

Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hi Leonard4. I can assist with reviewing that old account balance and any collections notes. Please send me a private message and include your full name, old service address, and phone number associated with that account, so I can take a look. Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

Awesome, thanks guys! PM sent to you JoeTru.