Community Forum

Claim for TV service and poor customer service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Claim for TV service and poor customer service

Hi, 

I've been customer of comcast for over 10 years.

Back in september 2017 we started noticing some tv's freezed the imaged. In November we received a call from comcast offering us to upgrade the old DVR's to Xfinity HD which we accepted, and were going to be sent by mail.

January came and we did not receive anything so I called, and spoke with an agent that offered me, since so much time passed, to send me a person to install them free of charge.

When the technician came, he was not able to install them because of the poor signal received in my house, and that is when we noticed that when our neighbor moved in in September, comcast conected him to our same line. So the technician told me to contact comcast and request them to change the main box from the street to a bigger one, so each of our houses would have a direct line and the signal would not affect us. And after that job's been done I should contact comcast again so they could send someone to install the new DVR's.

I called yesterday, comcast told me the job has been performed, so when requested to ask for the technician to bring and install the new DVR's they told me that had a charge of $60 and it was impossible to waive it, so I requested to speak with a Manager.

The Manager called me back ( David Armenta from the Chicago Office) and waived $20, and the $40 but that I needed to pay $20. 

I was offered to get the instalation free of charge, and it wasn't my fault that the installation originally could not be done.

This supervisor told me that it is not true that comcast waived the installation charge, so he basiclly called me a liar, it is not my fault that they do not take notes and post them in the ciustomers account. I am not a liar.

So, I still have two TV that freezes the image, and no new DVR's. Keep paying $360 a month and comcast wants to charge me an installation fee for something offered for free.

Please let me know who to redirect this claim.

Thank you

Alvaro F