Community Forum

Chat customer service - a waste of time

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Chat customer service - a waste of time

I tried resolving a billing issue using the Comcast chat customer service.  After a 48 minute chat discussion, the customer representative finally agreed to credit the disputed money back into my account.  Two billing cycles later, the money was still not credited.  I tried again to resolve the issue using the Comcast chat customer service. This time the customer representative said that the previous representative was wrong, and refused to credit my account... so long for Comcast honoring their word!  Then I went to a service center in my area, where a very nice customer representative solved the matter in 5 minutes. The money has been credited back into my account.

The disputed billing item was a wrongful charge after a technician repaired a bad connection outside my house. While both online customer representatives argued that the repair had been in the house, the one at the service center immediately saw that it was outside the house and agreed with me I should not have been charged for it.

It seems to me that the online customer people are trained not to listen to you and not to honor their word. Furthermore, I think they do not have access to your records and they just make up any story that is convenient for Comcast to keep your money. Why else would they make false claims, when the true records were there all the time?  This is very dissapointing.  I do not trust Comcast.

Contributor

Re: Chat customer service - a waste of time

Actually I've had pretty fair luck dealing with C.S. they have several plans  available I do believe.

Official Employee

Re: Chat customer service - a waste of time

Hello BM8, we apologize for the frustrating experience. You can always reach out to us on the Forums, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter if you ever need assistance as well.