Community Forum

Chat Transcript

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Chat Transcript

Hi I ordered service this morning over chat and the employee I was chatting with said he would have to put in a backend ticket to modify the price. I couldn’t save a copy of my chat transcript. Is it possibly to retrieve that and email it to me? Thanks.
Expert

Re: Chat Transcript

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

Thanks
Official Employee

Hello MC1974, we cannot provide live chat transcripts to customers. To receive a transcript following the conclusion of the chat, instruct the customer to follow the steps below.

1. Click Options at the bottom of the Live Chat window. A menu will appear that includes Email Transcript.
  2. Click Email Transcript.
  3. Enter your email address, then click Send.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I would have normally done this but when I tried to do it on my phone the site crashed. It is possible for a transcript of the chat to be sent to my email in this situation? I was promised that there would be a revision to the price in the backend due to a system error. How would I ever be able to demonstrate this if I don’t receive the discount? I’m not sure this is the best way to treat a new customer...
Official Employee

MC1974 wrote: I would have normally done this but when I tried to do it on my phone the site crashed. It is possible for a transcript of the chat to be sent to my email in this situation? I was promised that there would be a revision to the price in the backend due to a system error. How would I ever be able to demonstrate this if I don’t receive the discount? I’m not sure this is the best way to treat a new customer...

Unfortunately it is not possible for us to send the transcripts via email, I can look into the same pricing for you if you'd like. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number and we can get started.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!