Community Forum

Charging Installation with NO Notification

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Charging Installation with NO Notification

When I signed up for Internet and TV service, there was no notification that there was going to be any installation charges.  I didn't sign anything agreeing to it. In fact, I was not given anything, just an appointment date.  On the day of installation, the technician did not notify me of any charges or that whatever he was doing would incur any charges.  I had Comcast before and ATT had upgraded my coax lines.  When the technician was done, again I was not notified of any charges nor did I sign any receipt or work order.  As I checked my first bill, I was charged $119.00 in installation fees! If I would have known this was the case, I would have did my own installation.  I called Customer Service who said they could not do anything and referred me back to the store where I had set up the service.  When I went to the store location, the rep sent an email to a supervisor and stated he will get back to me by the end of the week. I have not heard from the supervisor. Can you help?