Community Forum

Charged for a tech when I was told I would not be

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Charged for a tech when I was told I would not be

Had comcast, roommate moved out, switched account holders, had to go through the nonsense of setting up again. This should not have been an issue, except the boxes we were given did not work(I went to comcast twice to get other boxes as well). Tried hours of tech support, they said they had to have a tech come out but the problem seemed to be on their end not ours, as it was working literally days earlier. Tech came out, verified it was a comcast problem that I could not have solved with self-install, and said there should be no fee. Low and behold, I'm charged on my bill. What can I do to get this fixed?

Official Employee

Re: Charged for a tech when I was told I would not be

Hi ac24533,

I can review your account to see if the tech left any notes as to what the problem was. In order to do so, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services, or the full account number. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.