Community Forum

Charged for a Service Visit

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Charged for a Service Visit

I called Comcast for help because my Cable wasnt working.  I spent a few hours on the phone with a tech on two different days and nothing worked.  I did all the ideas that they had and nothing worked.  So, they send someone out, but the person never makes it to my house.  They took off of my bill for inconvenience and reschedule for the next day.  This person was late also but still called me ahead of time to let me know that they were running behind.  She fixed the issue.  SOooooooo I look at my bill and I am charged $70 for in-home service.   SOooooooo why even take $20 if you are going to charge me for in-home service.  I didnt want anyone to come over, they had to. smh  I am trying to understand why I was charged?  No one told me it would be an extra price for me to actuall use my new cable that I didnt ask for but was talked into getting.  I am just irritated.  I need this removed.  Its not my fault.  Time is money.  

Problem Solver

Re: Charged for a Service Visit

various $20 credits given for late arrival or missed appointments etc. are per the Comcast guarantee, & separate items.

service visit charge depends on whether issue was result of Comcast's equipment or Comcast's network, (therefore no service visit charges) , or some other cause inside home, (which does incur charges);  ie customer's equipment or wiring inside home / customer's in-home network.

http://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html

Problem Solver

Danm2sq,

The In home tech visit has been credited to your account, The credit will appear on your next billing statement.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank You! ( :

Problem Solver

Danm2sq,

No problem. If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee