Community Forum

Charged for Tech Visit when issue was on Xfinity Side

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Charged for Tech Visit when issue was on Xfinity Side

I was charged $70 for a tech visit because my internet was being spotty and the modem would lose connection from time to time. A tech came to my house and realized the connection coming into my house was weak and that was on the comcast side. They had to install one signal booster to fix it but why should i be charged when the issue is coming from the wiring that xfinity installed into my house. And the person I chatted with online did not tell me that there would be a charge for the visit and just scheduled it. I am very upset with xfinity's service right now. 

Contributor

Re: Charged for Tech Visit when issue was on Xfinity Side

THAT is rediculous!

I'm having similar very spotty internet, phone and DVR issues since Sunday 7/1/18. I've called Comcast support several times. Was told the usual unplug/plug back in/send signal to reset rigamarol. Nothing works; the problem persists as I type. My wife finally had enough and got the soonest appointment for this Friday. Comcast has better not charge me either since this all started after that fiber was cut last Friday.

New Poster

Re: Charged for Tech Visit when issue was on Xfinity Side

I'm fighting the same issue.  Poor performance of my internet speed, below an acceptable Mbps for the plan I'm paying for, so the phone Support Rep scheduled a service visit and did NOT say there is a charge for it.  Tech arrived and made modifications to Comcast equipment outside the house, which resolved the internet speed issue.  Now there's a $60 in-home fee charged to my account.  In a chat with Support, was told it was a valid charge because of "the visit", and emailed me this link:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan

But this link discusses in-home wiring and customer-owned equipment, neither of which was my problem.  It actually supports my claim for NOT being charged, "Comcast does not charge for service visits needed to repair Comcast-owned facilities".

There was a third chat, which also contained miscommunication from the Support Rep.  My dispute has been "escalated" so now I have to wait for a response. (fingers crossed)